• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Here we go again... (Trump zeroes out CDBG and HOME)

Masswich

Cyburbian
Last edited:

MD Planner

Cyburbian
I agree with you. I hate dealing with HUD just because of some of the ridiculous rules and red tape that must be navigated and there definitely needs to be some house cleaning within some of the regional headquarters (there are some incredibly worthless and lazy people I've come across) but all that said CDBG does do a lot of good. I don't see anything close to this passing so I'm not too concerned yet.

kjel

Super Moderator
Just in time for my return to the public sector as a HOME administrator. CDBG will survive, it provides too much funding for local projects. If they wanted to get rid of Davis Bacon I wouldn't be mad. Congress has been trying to kill HOME for since the major changes in 2013. While this administration is particularly in love with privatization, the tax cut will have a negative effect on the LIHTC equity syndication market reducing the amount of private capital available for investing in the rehabilitation or creation of affordable housing.

kjel

Super Moderator
FY2018 Omnibus Bill includes $3.365B for CDBG which is a 10% increase from FY2017 and $1.362B for HOME which is a 33% increase :D.

It passed the House, let's hope it passes the Senate. Indications are that the White House will sign it if it gets to his desk.

We live for another year.