• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Here's anothe one.....

Mary Poppins

Cyburbian

You are ENERGETIC! You are athletic, and a risk-taker, and (if a girl) a tomboy. You are competetive and failure only makes you try harder. Wild and noisy, you are ready for a party!" It takes a great deal to bring you down.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I've never heard of these things before. Here goes:

You are a leader, not a follower. You like exploring and adventures, and are incredibly courageous. You tend to be egotistical, but your friends love you anyway.

Jeff

Cyburbian
OMG....

I used to watch Fraggle Rock all the time!! They were awesome!

jmf

Cyburbian
Michael Stumpf said:

You are a leader, not a follower. You like exploring and adventures, and are incredibly courageous. You tend to be egotistical, but your friends love you anyway.

I'm Gobo too.

Never heard of the Fraggles, blasphemy!!!!!!! Part of the Henson World. I remember where I was when I heard Jim Henson died, pretty sad, huh.

Michael Stumpf said:

me too. i wouldn't say egotistical - maybe just very self confident.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Mary Poppins said:

You are ENERGETIC! You are athletic, and a risk-taker, and (if a girl) a tomboy. You are competetive and failure only makes you try harder. Wild and noisy, you are ready for a party!" It takes a great deal to bring you down.
This is so true...... :)

Ditto

Michael Stumpf said:

donk

Cyburbian
I'm Boober

You love the dull and tedious like laundry and cooking. You obsess over the world's end and avoid interaction with others. You tend to be a loner and you think that fun and games are frivolous. But inside, you long for loud raucous laughter and throwing your cares to the wind.

This is the first one of these that is pretty close to my personality.

That explorer guy is Uncle Travelling Matt. He had some pretty funny run ins with umbrellas, mail boxes, fire hydrants and the like.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
How can you call yourself half-Canadian, and yet not know about Fraggles? For shame!

I think you need to attend re-education camp!

btw, I'm another Gobo.

Habanero

Cyburbian
i had my picture taken with the Dozers once at a Fraggle Rock exhibit in San Antonio- I even had Gobo and Red Dolls..

I'm Red, by the way.

JNL

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
Hmmmm... I'm some old explorer guy.
]

Some old explorer guy!! - that is Uncle Travelling Matt if I am not mistaken, he was cool! He was strange but he was always having adventures, finding the extraordinary in the ordinary.

I LOVED Fraggle Rock! I'm Gobo too apparently, but I always thought Red was the coolest.

JNL

Cyburbian
Oops, I see donk already identified the "old explorer guy".

Was anyone else scared of the big creatures, the King and Queen and their son, who lived in the garden outside Fraggle Rock?? I think I had nightmares about them...

nerudite

Cyburbian
How can I not know my Fraggles, eh?

I must be too old or something... or maybe by that time I was out of television in general. With the exception of a few shows here and there, I haven't watched much t.v. since the age of about 14 or so. Simpsons, South Park, Kids in the Hall, Futurama, and the Family Guy are the few exceptions.

The professor guy kind of sounds like me. I have run-ins with umbrellas and all...

I have heard of the care bears too, but I really have no idea what each one is about (same with the smurfs). I think I just didn't like these type of shows when I was in my early teens. I liked stuff like Robotech and (believe it or not) the Black Sheep Squadron (yes, I'd run home to watch this when I was 12 or so). I know... I'm weird.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Wow, Fraggles came on HBO.. then they had a cartoon which wasn't as good. Carebears?!? I had all fo them, and the baby bears and the cloud car. And who didn't stay home to see the Smurfs? Man, I loved all of it- I even had a smurf doll!

nerudite

Cyburbian
My brother, who is three years younger than me, was into all that stuff. I was born in 1970, but I would guess that the people that really liked all the cartoons in this time period were probably a little younger... maybe born in the mid-'70s. I dunno though...

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I think I was too old as well. I remember The Muppets. I loved that show. I've heard of the Fraggles, but don't think I ever saw a single show. Smurfs and Care Bears came along after I was too old to get into them. Afternoon television for me meant reruns of Gilligan's Island, Get Smart, F Troop and the like.

Runner

Cyburbian