• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Here's hoping it's a wonderful Christmas... (AIB The Miserable Christmas Thread)

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
I am thankful that my family will be together this Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am thankful that we are healthy enough to be together and to eat together.

I am thankful that I have a wonderful girlfriend. She treats me great and helped me through some tough times over the past six months.

I am thankful that I have a job and can pay the bills.

And what about you? Are you thankful for anything?

(Feel free to replace "Christmas" with "Hanukah," "Kwanza," "Festivus," or "Pagan Satanic Rituals" depending on your persuasion.)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Im damn glad to be looking forward to a happy, healthy loved holiday season.

Maybe folks will get out and spend and folks can get back to work.

kms

Cyburbian
I'm thankful for my family and their good health;

for having all the things we need and some things that we want

for good friends

martini

Cyburbian
I like this season for what it really means. Family. Food. Togetherness. I could care less about the economics of it. I think it's a shame that the econmy has hijacked what was something specail. What ever you do, enjoy this season to it's fullest. I know I will.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I'm thankful that my family is healthy and that we all live within 30 minutes of each other, so we never miss a holiday/birthday together.

I'm thankful that my ex's sister and daughter remain close to my son and me.

I'm thankful that Trail Nazi will (hopefully) be visiting the rest of the zoning goddesses this weekend. Can't wait to see that baby!

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
My family and friends. My job. My in-laws (shocking, I know) who are great to our kids. My dog, even though the wife wants her to go. Thankful I don't have to work nights or weekends. Okay, two night meetings a month is not bad.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I am thankful for a healthy family for the first time in 6 years. I am thankful for all of the friends that let me lean on them in the tough times, without any expectations or agendas.

I am thankful that I have everything I need, even if its not everything I want.

[begin Jack Handy moment]
I am thankful for an ex-wife that I can still be good friends with, even if she dates my college buddies from decades past.
[/end Jack Handy moment]

I am also thankful I can see past the dysfunction of that. ;)

Queen B

Cyburbian
In no particular order...

I am thankful for two incomes from good jobs, not that it is about the money. But the hubby was without work for over a year and that takes such a toll.

We have a home and all our things are in one place so now I can get settled.

I am VERY thankful that my daughter is alive after such a close call, PM me if you want details.

And I am thankful that today I get to see my family, eat good food.
I am hitting the road.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Rem

Cyburbian
The whole extended family is well and we will see everyone between now and January 2. My kids are especially special.