• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hey 80's song buffs, what's your score?

ilikefish0

Cyburbian
--don't push me, i didn't want my mtv bad enough

not bad for being 4 years old when the 80's ended.

P.S. 83. Warm smell of colitas Rising up through the air
Ok either 1)You've read The Straight Dope or 2)You are a god. Either way 10 points.

I must be a god.

Budgie

Cyburbian
If I going to be asked to fill in the F%7*ing 80's song-o-rama, can I request a shorter f6&3@ing questionnaire. I haven't got the patience for this SHT.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Yeah I got bored with filling the damned blanks right away... I think you call it Attention Deficit Disorder.....

Huh? What was I talking about?

tsc

Cyburbian
i just flunked out... sad... with a 28.5...although i skimmed through it...

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
too many questions
did i have to have cable tv
or listen to top40 radio
to understand / get it?

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
57.75 I got a handicap for being old.... "You were probably working in a bank in the 80's, 15 point handicap."

RACIALLY BIASED EXAM!

But the bias favors my race so Final Score: 84.2

"You're a little young to remember all this. 10% bonus.
5 point bonus for telling me where you saw this. Thanks!"

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus

That was really hard for me. I had all these songs running thru my head and the words just werent there. Just the melodies. UGGG, I'm a bigger '80s freak than that poll leads you to beleive.

Chet said:

That was really hard for me. I had all these songs running thru my head and the words just werent there. Just the melodies. UGGG, I'm a bigger '80s freak than that poll leads you to beleive.
Me too. 60.5 WTF?? I thought I'd do better than that.

Bangorian

I got 77, but lost a lot of points on technicalities like misspelling "Billie Jean" and "Jesse" and other stuff like that.

At any rate, not too bad for someone too young to remember most of the 80's!

SGB

Cyburbian

Disappointing, considering the number of high school dances I DJ'd.

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
54 and five minutes out of lunch. Sigh. And I even remember the 80's, although my parents didn't believe in cable. Being raised on PBS has forever damaged my appreciation of pop culture.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Too long for me to complete it right now. But I can see that most of this survey deals with radio pop hits. In the '80s, that's not what I was listening to... I was always b*tching about the local radio stations playing the same stuff over & over.

pete-rock

Cyburbian
No fair!!! Beyond Van Halen, I know NOTHING of the so-called "hair bands" of the '80s. Just not my thing.

I got a 34.5.