• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 Hey all

Quail64

Cyburbian
Hey Cyburbia,

My name is Cale, and I found this site back when I was an exhange student in Japan. I posted a few times, but then disappeared. Well now I'm back home in Spokane, WA and I've found my way back to these forums. I am interested in going into architecture, but I figure we are all apart of the same community. I'm a senior in high school this year, and I'm hopefully going to the University of Washington next year.

I'm in a community involvement class at my school and one of the requirements for the class is to interm at a non-profit organization. I've been going down to city hall, volunteering at their Urban Design dept. (a part of the Urban Planning dept.). Another aspect of the class is the ongoing research project, which I will be doing in some area regarding this field.

Looking foward to participating in these great discussions
-Cale

Queen B

Cyburbian
Welcome!!

We are glad you are here.
But have to issue a warning, we have corrupted others before you, Right Skel?

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Welcome back! I'd love to hear about your experiences in Japan, especially in regards to the transport system (hint hint).

SGB

Cyburbian
Welcome (back).

I'm afraid you'll have to duke it out with the Cyburbia Ambasador to Chile (tm) for the title to youngest member.

Note to Skel: Be gentle! ;)

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Welcome. Community Development interests, living in Japan . . . I wish my high school years were as interesting. Next you're going to say that you have some involvement with girls. ;)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Welcome back!

'Fight the man', no, no, you must join the 'man', because it is easier to bring him down from the inside. ;-)

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Greetings! Make a wish!
I'd offer you a "cold one" but there's no smilies for cola ;-).
Keep up the interest in planning/urban design. It can be a truly satisfying career.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Howdy!
I have a few relatives living out in Spokane who I rarely get to see. Please say "Hi" to them for me next time you're near the county lock-up.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Welcome (back), Quail! Hope you stick around this time ;)
Cheers! :b: :b: (If you're as young as I, it's no problem here! you can drink booze legally :))

martini

Cyburbian
'allo from another midwesterner(there's tons of us here). I wish my highschool years were as....organized....here I am at 30 and still in school.

DoneGoneBlue

A Spokane takeover? Well, maybe not. Welcome, I'm a newbie to the message boards and live in Spokane, too. If things don't work out with UW check into EWU's planning dept.!