• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hey Big Easy King!

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:
How 'bout them Hogs?

Did you watch it?
Mastiff, my fellow SEC brotha! :b:

I wanted to see the game, but I didn't get a chance. Great victory over the Tide. The Razorbacks are very good this season and are always a threat under head coach, Nutt.

However, how about LSU? The Tigers are handling business very impressively...Arizona, Georgia, Mississippi State, etc.! Remember, the Hogs have to make a trip to Death Valley to face the Tigers. Geaux Tigers...beat dem Hogs!!!

SGB

Cyburbian
Just slightly OT

A Hand for the Hog
From the musical Big River
Music & Lyrics by Roger Miller

Well, I always heard but i ain't too sure
That A man's best friend is a mangy cur
I kinda favor the hog myself
How about a hand for the hog

Ya say, a hog ain't nothin' but a porky thing
Little forked feet with a nosy ring
Pickle them feet folks

If you took a notion I'll bet
A good hog would make a hell of a pet
You could teach him to ride and hunt
You could clean him up and let him sit up front

In the scheme of things the way things go
You might get bit by the old fido
But not by the gentle porker friend.

A feller and a hog had a comedy act
The feller was terrible as a matter of fact
That hog was a funny sucker though

If you took a notion I bet
You could teach a hog to smoke a cigarette
Well it might take a little bit of time
But hell, what's time to a hog

Well, the way I see it' it looks like this
Either you ain't or either you is
A true blue lover of the swine, folks

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: Re: Hey Big Easy King!

Big Easy King said:
Mastiff, my fellow SEC brotha! :b:

I wanted to see the game, but I didn't get a chance. Great victory over the Tide. The Razorbacks are very good this season and are always a threat under head coach, Nutt.

However, how about LSU? The Tigers are handling business very impressively...Arizona, Georgia, Mississippi State, etc.! Remember, the Hogs have to make a trip to Death Valley to face the Tigers. Geaux Tigers...beat dem Hogs!!!
And a brew you you, too! :b:

LSU is scary this year, too. Nice to see the west taking over as the best side of the SEC, isn't it? You know, after living down there, I like LSU as well. If they aren't playing the Hogs, I root for 'em... no pun intended.

Are you sure they don't play in the Rock this year? Nope... just checked. I hope they spray paint Mike red and white! :)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Big Easy King!

Big Easy King said:
Very unlikely once they're Hog-tied by the Tigers! :D
I didn't know LS&U grads could count... let ALONE count their chickens before they've hatched! :)

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Big Easy King!

Mastiff said:
I didn't know LS&U grads could count... let ALONE count their chickens before they've hatched! :)
You can certainly count on LSU putting an ass-whuppin' on that "so-called" university! :D

H

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Hey Big Easy King!

Mastiff said:
Nice to see the west taking over as the best side of the SEC, isn't it?
ROTFLMFAO on that one! ;)

GO VOLS! :b:

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Big Easy King!

Huston said:
ROTFLMFAO on that one! ;)

You weren't ROTFLYAO when LSU whipped the Vols for the 2001 SEC championship! LOL :D The west is the best! Geaux Tigers!!!

H

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Big Easy King!

Big Easy King said:
You weren't ROTFLYAO when LSU whipped the Vols for the 2001 SEC championship! LOL :D The west is the best! Geaux Tigers!!!
No I was not, because it was such cr@p. The Vols had already beaten LSwho earlier that season, coming of a win from UF, and bam, fell apart. But it shant happed again my good man :-D :b:

Ps. stop living in the past, this now. Alabama and Florida used to be good also. ;)

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Big Easy King!

Huston said:
No I was not, because it was such cr@p. The Vols had already beaten LSwho earlier that season, coming of a win from UF, and bam, fell apart. But it shant happed again my good man :-D :b:

Ps. stop living in the past, this now. Alabama and Florida used to be good also. ;)
Don't try to justify the Vols defeat. LSwho? The same LSU that whipped the Vols then and would certainly do it now! :D Face it, the Vols used to be good just like Bama and UF. Geaux Tigers!!! :b:

H

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Big Easy King!

Big Easy King said:
Don't try to justify the Vols defeat. LSwho? The same LSU that whipped the Vols then and would certainly do it now! :D Face it, the Vols used to be good just like Bama and UF. Geaux Tigers!!! :b:
We will just have to wait and see if it is LSU or Ark that gets to plays the Vols this year in Atl. and may the better team win (and we all know who that is ;)).

But seriously I wont justify anything, the Tigers won fair and square in 2001. LSU played a good game. It ruined a perfectly nice weekend and and Rose Bowl trip also.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Big Easy King!

Huston said:
We will just have to wait and see if it is LSU or Ark that gets to plays the Vols this year in Atl. and may the better team win (and we all know who that is ;)).
LSU will be there, but I think we'll face and beat Georgia again. ;-) Geaux Tigers!!! :b:

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Big Easy King!

Big Easy King said:
You can certainly count on LSU putting an ass-whuppin' on that "so-called" university! :D
Boy, you really wanted to start one, eh? :)

"Undoubtedly the breakthrough season for Arkansas football was 1909. Without that campaign the school might be celebrating merely years and not success. Steve Creekmore was regarded as the top quarterback in the south and perhaps all of college football after he led Arkansas to a 7-0 campaign that included victories over LSU and Oklahoma. Arkansas scored 186 points during its seven triumphs and permitted only 18 points all year.

When the train from Baton Rouge returned to Fayetteville following the seventh victory of the campaign, Bezdek addressed the student population. He said his team had played "like a wild band of Razorback Hogs." The students loved the phrase so much they voted to change the nickname. In time for the 1910 season the "Razorbacks" were born."

We thank you for that!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Big Easy King!

Big Easy King said:
LSU will be there
Only if they buy a bunch of tickets from the Arkansas athletic department!

Big Easy King

Cyburbian

Mastiff said:

"Undoubtedly the breakthrough season for Arkansas football was 1909. Without that campaign the school might be celebrating merely years and not success. Steve Creekmore was regarded as the top quarterback in the south and perhaps all of college football after he led Arkansas to a 7-0 campaign that included victories over LSU and Oklahoma. Arkansas scored 186 points during its seven triumphs and permitted only 18 points all year.

When the train from Baton Rouge returned to Fayetteville following the seventh victory of the campaign, Bezdek addressed the student population. He said his team had played "like a wild band of Razorback Hogs." The students loved the phrase so much they voted to change the nickname. In time for the 1910 season the "Razorbacks" were born."

We thank you for that!
Great bit of SEC history. Thanks.

H

Cyburbian

Mastiff said:

We thank you for that!
what was the previous nickname?

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Big Easy King!

Mastiff said:
Only if they buy a bunch of tickets from the Arkansas athletic department!
Keep dreamin' my friend, keep dreamin'. LSU 35, Arkansas 17
Geaux Tigers!!!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Big Easy King!

Big Easy King said:
Keep dreamin' my friend, keep dreamin'. LSU 35, Arkansas 17
Geaux Tigers!!!
I dreamed about beating Texas *spit*...

I dreamed about beating 'Bama...

I will keep dreamin'!

Hogs 24 Kittens 21

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Big Easy King!

Mastiff said:
I dreamed about beating Texas *spit*...

I dreamed about beating 'Bama...

I will keep dreamin'!

Hogs 24 Kittens 21
Texas - legitimate ass-whuppin'

Bama - piece of cake

LSU - not a dream, your worst nightmare!!!

LSU 35, piggies 17 Geaux Tigers!!!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Big Easy King!

Big Easy King said:
Bama - piece of cake

That's what they thought going in... and it almost cost them. Hope your boys don't do the same!

RAZORBACKS 24 LSUx 21

Wooooo pig, soooiiiiiiieeee!

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Big Easy King!

Mastiff said:
That's what they thought going in... and it almost cost them. Hope your boys don't do the same!
What I mean is that Bama was a piece of cake for the piggies...no real challenge. I hope those piggies don't get swollen heads because of their previous bouts of luck. The REAL challenge for them occurs in Death Valley on November 29th. Make sure you have enough tissue available to dry your crying eyes.

Geaux Tigers and beat those piggies!!! Tigers 35, Razorbacks 17

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Big Easy King!

Big Easy King said:
What I mean is that Bama was a piece of cake for the piggies...no real challenge. I hope those piggies don't get swollen heads because of their previous bouts of luck. The REAL challenge for them occurs in Death Valley on November 29th. Make sure you have enough tissue available to dry your crying eyes.

Geaux Tigers and beat those piggies!!! Tigers 35, Razorbacks 17
Coming back from 21 down is easy?! Man...

And there'd no crying in football, except in Alabama... wait, that's *whining*... But then, I usually scream and rant, and throw my Hog brick at the TV.

I won't need it, tho... Hogs 24 - Tabby Cats - 21

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Big Easy King!

Mastiff said:
Coming back from 21 down is easy?! Man...

And there'd no crying in football, except in Alabama... wait, that's *whining*... But then, I usually scream and rant, and throw my Hog brick at the TV.

I won't need it, tho... Hogs 24 - Tabby Cats - 21
You better purchase more bricks since you'll be constantly throwing them at your tube in anger and disgust.

TIGERS 35, pigs 17

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
How I wish I could engage in such a discussion about my college football team....

Last weekend they were down in Boston....glad I didn't make the trip: Boston College 53, Ball State 29. :(

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
How I wish I could engage in such a discussion about my college football team....

Last weekend they were down in Boston....glad I didn't make the trip: Boston College 53, Ball State 29. :(
Tough loss. Who does Ball State play next? Will they put the defeat behind them and put an ass-whippin' on their next opponent?

biscuit

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:

Well, at least your college has a football team. B-)

El Feo

Cyburbian
Why, ain't this so cute, all these SEC folks arguing about who's little high-school-like team is the best...

;)

El Feo

Cyburbian
Big Easy King said:
...and your college team is?
Crap, I knew talkin' trash would end up getting me laughed at one of these days...;)

Anyway - it's a rising star, not BCS material yet (like LSU!!;)) but we'll be there within two years -- the University of Louisville.

By the way, Huston, isn't UT Knoxville where Tennesseans go if they can't go to college? :)

biscuit

Cyburbian
Big Easy King said:
biscuit, not having a football team in college must have bummed you out. Damn!
I got by. It wasn't really the type of school where a football team would have been a real big deal.

I managed by going to see the REAL Tigers play at the REAL Death Valley in Clemson at least two or three times a season.

H

Cyburbian
El Feo said:
By the way, Huston, isn't UT Knoxville where Tennesseans go if they can't go to college? :)
I rate my education at UT Knoxville as excellent.

UTK excels in many areas with many excellent faculty & facilities. It depends on what you study, of course, but there are some top notch programs on campus. There are also some programs that need improvement, as with most schools.

They gave me wonderful experiences and opportunities of a lifetime so I will bleed orange & white.

GO VOLS!

:)

EDIT: Ps, I only attended UT at the graduate level, but they gave me scholarships, assistantships and a master’s degree so I have a strong love for UT with only good things to say.

NHPlanner

Staff member
Big Easy King said:
Tough loss. Who does Ball State play next? Will they put the defeat behind them and put an ass-whippin' on their next opponent?
Back to conference play this week (Mid-American Conference....you know the conference that beat Kansas State [sorry Guap!], Pittsburgh, and Alabama 2 weeks ago, beaten by Marshall, Toledo, and Northern Illinois respectively....plus Bowling Green played Ohio State tough). At Kent State this week. Both Teams undefeated in MAC play so far this year.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
El Feo said:
Crap, I knew talkin' trash would end up getting me laughed at one of these days...;) Anyway - it's a rising star, not BCS material yet (like LSU!!;)) but we'll be there within two years -- the University of Louisville. :)
Props to U. of Louisville, but no match for LSU. Keep trying! LOL ;-)

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
I managed by going to see the REAL Tigers play at the REAL Death Valley in Clemson at least two or three times a season.
After LSU whipped Clemson in a bowl game just a few years ago, ask Clemson again who the REAL Tigers are and where the REAL Death Valley is! ;-)

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
Back to conference play this week (Mid-American Conference....you know the conference that beat Kansas State [sorry Guap!], Pittsburgh, and Alabama 2 weeks ago, beaten by Marshall, Toledo, and Northern Illinois respectively....plus Bowling Green played Ohio State tough). At Kent State this week. Both Teams undefeated in MAC play so far this year.
I'm very impressed with the MAC.

El Feo

Cyburbian
Huston said:
I rate my education at UT Knoxville as excellent.
You know I'm just kidding, dude. Why, I even considered UT for grad school myself.

In fact, I'll be cheering for the Vols their next game against those Cocks from USC (what other school has such an appropriate nickname?) ;)

El Feo

Cyburbian
Big Easy King said:
Props to U. of Louisville, but no match for LSU. Keep trying! LOL ;-)
You won't be talking that trash come b-ball season...

:)

NHPlanner

Staff member
Big Easy King said:
I'm very impressed with the MAC.
Boils down to D-I schools having less scholarships to give out....more guys that might have been second/third stringers for an SEC, ACC, or Big 10 school are going to MAC schools and contributing right away. The talent is much more spread out around college football now than it's ever been. The MAC schools just don't have the depth on their teams that the big conference schools do.

H

Cyburbian
El Feo said:
You know I'm just kidding, dude. Why, I even considered UT for grad school myself.
there were no and are no hard feelings or concerns from me (I am not that sensitive), but I couldn’t just let that comment about my alma matta just hang, now could I. :)

H

Cyburbian
El Feo said:
In fact, I'll be cheering for the Vols their next game against those Cocks from USC
I overlooked this sentence yesterday, but the VOLS played and beat SC last Sat. This week the go to Auburn to play Teletubby and his kittens.

El Feo

Cyburbian
Huston said:
I overlooked this sentence yesterday, but the VOLS played and beat SC last Sat. This week the go to Auburn to play Teletubby and his kittens.
Excellent...