• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Hey kms

biscuit

Cyburbian
Couldn't PM you so I'll just have to post.

I was in Greensburg the other week for a HUD workshop and spent my freetime exploring around your home turf. Drove out to Latrobe and Ligoner, then down throughout the southern tier of the county and found it just beautiful there. You must really like living in that area b/c all I thought about was how nice it would be to have a secluded weekend place out there at the foot of the mountains. Maybe one day.

kms

Cyburbian
I live near the Allegheny Co. line, so I appreciate the eastern part of the county, too. I have to go to a meeting at our office later today, and I love the view of the ridges once I get to Rt. 30 bypass at Greensburg.
You and future Mrs. Biscuit will have to escape the wedding planning stress and spend some time out here. You'll be away July 4 weekend, but we have a great Arts and Heritage Festival that weekend (except that all of Allegheny County goes there, too).
Did you get around the Donegal area? It's the gateway to the resort/skiing areas. Ligonier is more of a day trip area, I think.
I'll have to turn on the PM oprion, if I can figure it out.

biscuit

Cyburbian
I don't know...The Donegal area is beautiful (drove through once) but I've got a feeling that I'll be spending plenty of time in the Laural Highlands without vacationing there. We are actually planning on getting married near Farmington, Fayette County so there will be plenty of opportunities to enjoy scenery between now and next June.