• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Hey Rem, how about those All Blacks eh?

JNL

Cyburbian
All Blacks beat the Wallabies 50-21 in a record-breaking 7-try spectacular!!! Yeah!

That sin-binning of Sailor was well justified.

Looking forward to August 16th??

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Have an avatar!

Ka mate, Ka mate! Ka ora, Ka ora!
Tenei te tangata puhuruhuru
Nana i tiki mai whakawhiti te ra!
A hupane, kaupane
A hupane, kaupane whiti te ra!
Hi!

Rem

Cyburbian
What took you so long.

A 'Black' week for Australian Sport. Lost the Netball world cup and it looks like the only Australian with any hope of lifting the Rugby World Cup is Steve Devine.

We will have to console ourselves with the Admirals Cup (yay - first time since about 1987 I think), Sprinter's title in the Tour, 8 Swimming World Championship Gold Medals, 2 Diving Gold Medals (our first ever), Men's U19 Basketball World Championship, Rugby League test victory over NZ, two test wins over Bangladesh (and Steve Waugh the first player to score 150 against each test playing nation), 4 Golds at the rowing world titles .....

Very hard to be gracious in defeat. NZ too fast, too good. Not looking forward to the rematch either, unless the mungo's (League converts) in the Australian team can organise a brain transplant before then. Sailor did deserve the yellow card as did Cannon. A lot of work needed but there are some strange selections being made by the Australians at the moment - seems we are at the same point NZ were about two years ago with politics in the Administration undermining on-field performance. Maybe it's just a sympton of a team in decline?

JNL

Cyburbian
Rem said:
Very hard to be gracious in defeat.
Thanks for trying :) I know it's difficult for you.

Re politics in admin affecting on-field performance, check this out - will be interesting to see if they resolve this by the time the World Cup comes round.

Rem

Cyburbian
JNL said:
Rugby! The sport that my country is best in the world at!
By best you mean the country that has won the World Cup once compared to Australia's twice?

Rem

Cyburbian
Re politics in admin affecting on-field performance, check this out[/B]
Looks like someone has got their foot squarely in their gun sights. $120,000 per player for the final squad (I think it is 24 players) sounds like it may break the bank though.

JNL

Cyburbian
By best I am referring to the fact that the All Blacks ran in their highest-ever score against the Wallabies on Saturday. New Zealand's 50 points was the most any Australian side has conceded at home and the second-highest total conceded anywhere since they began playing internationals in 1903.

By best I mean the team that won! The team that is best, now!

JNL

Cyburbian
Rem said:
$120,000 per player for the final squad (I think it is 24 players) sounds like it may break the bank though.
They already earn between $NZ300,000 and 450,000 each which seems like a lot, but apparently is low by international standards. Does seem a little greedy to me to ask for such a big bonus.

JNL

Cyburbian
Rem said:
So the loss to England a few weeks ago doesn't count?
Nope! Hey let me enjoy our victory huh? I'm just celebrating the win, because it is such a great achievement in the context of all our previous losses that you are so helpfully reminding me of :p

Rem

Cyburbian
JNL said:
Hey let me enjoy our victory huh? I'm just celebrating the win:p
Fair enough - I'll crack a Speights for you tonight (if I can find one).:)

Jeff

Cyburbian
Dan said:

Tenei te tangata puhuruhuru
Nana i tiki mai whakawhiti te ra!
A hupane, kaupane
A hupane, kaupane whiti te ra!
Hi!
It scares me that you know that. Anyone know the "S & M Man" ?

JNL

Cyburbian
Memo

To: - Eddie Jones

Ed,

I see the problem here. If you need assistance please ask.

Lots of Love

John

Rem

Cyburbian
I think that's a league convert (Lote Tuqiri) tackling a Sefrican import (Dan Vickerman). You may have exposed an international, cross code plot to destroy that once great game, watchemecallit.