• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hey, where's Rumpy Tuna?

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
RichmondJake has it right apparently ;) :p
Though I have no idea why was SD booted out. They weren't banned... they were duh-leted! (searched for them, didn't find them)

ludes98

Cyburbian
A thread or two has mysteriously disappeared as well...the will of the mods.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist" -Usual Suspects

el Guapo

Capitalist
My guess is that for someone to be erased like that, they would have had to have violated the users agreement several times and ignored some progressively stronger warnings. I'd guess that is what happened.

H

Cyburbian
Is Budgie gone as well?

Why do I have this feeling they are together on another board somewhere having a grand time?

*and I understand why the Mods had to let RT free. Too bad you couldnt stay around and good luck to you if you see this thread.

Later,

H

Queen B

Cyburbian
No I was just checking ,too, it seems that Budgie is still here. He just must be out of town.

Long live Budgie!

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I think SD wasn't getting enough attention here.

What about Runner? He posted pretty regularly, but he's vanished the last few months.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Super Amputee Cat said:
I don't see Rumpy Tuna on the Top 30 member page. What happened?
He was eaten by a dophin with a sense of humor.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
My guess is that for some one to be erased like that, they would have had to have violated the users agreement several times and ignored some progressively stronger warnings. I'd guess that is what happened.
Right you are.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
For those with short memories :)

Hint #1

Hint #2

And if you really need help,

Hint #3

Now, please help keep Cyburbia the #1 Planning Resource on the net, and PLEASE help keep it appropriate for the work environment.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
While I do miss Rumpy's humor, I am glad to see these forums regaining some more of the professional focus they have had for so long. (I wouldn't blam that diversion entirely on Rumpy by any means.) It was sometimes concerning me that they were not an appropriate distraction from work, and that some of the comments might have turned off potential new members. (I may have been guilty of a couple myself.) Anyways, mods, reigning it in was a good decision.

el Guapo

Capitalist
I think Budgie is changing jobs and may only have net access at his new place of employment.

Another thought, peoples lives change, they don't always take the time to sign off of every board of which they are a member. That reminds me. I should go back and let the guys at TrekNation know I'm outta there. Afterall, I am still the Transporter Room Chief, I think? That George Takei is a real tough mod.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
el Guapo said:
I think Budgie is changing jobs and may only have net access at his new place of employment.

Another thought, peoples lives change, they don't always take the time to sign off of every board of which they are a member. That reminds me. I should go back and let the guys at TrekNation know I'm outta there. Afterall, I am still the Transporter Room Chief, I think? That George Takei is a real tough mod.
Yes, Budgie is in transition. Dude, if you're lurking I wish you all the best man!

As for TrekNation. Thanks for the SNARF. Vodka Tonics are not easy to get out of a keyboard.

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
Re: For those with short memories :)

Chet said:
[
And if you really need help,

Hint #3

"It isn't *all* that user'sfault, but we believe he was a major contributor to the on-going fascination with alcohol consumption, female anatomy and general bathroom humor, as he racked up over 900 posts in 67 days. I hope that cyburbia can return to better days."
Now I'm worried, for I have racked up a lot of points during the past two months (although I have been here for so long, it's still less than a post a day). But over 1/2 of it is for the gallery and all those penny postcards.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Re: Re: For those with short memories :)

Super Amputee Cat said:
Now I'm worried, for I have racked up a lot of points during the past two months (although I have been here for so long, it's still less than a post a day). But over 1/2 of it is for the gallery and all those penny postcards.
It wasn't just sheer number, but number coupled with content. The postcards are relevant to planning and used in the site. I do not see a problem with them or your number of posts. It's apples and oranges... really.

Queen B

Cyburbian
Chet said:
Yes, Budgie is in transition. Dude, if you're lurking I wish you all the best man!

Chet, if Budgie was online lurking there is no way he would be able to not comment on this! I am certain he will make an appearance by Monday. And feel really special because he is missed!