Hey Y'all - greetings from Alaska

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I'm a planner in Alaska. I grew up in the south, hence the "y'all" in the title line.

I work for a local government where planners get to work on everything. I've worked previously for county governments down south where planners are more specialized - the environmental planners would review the environmental stuff, the transportation planners would review transpo stuff, land use planners would review the land use stuff, etc. Now, I get to work on everything so I have a bit of a learning curve. But hey, I like learning new things and growing my brain, so it's a good thing.

My current issue involves driveways, shared driveways, private roads, and publicly maintained roads. We are updating our code to allow shared driveways and private road situations. This is a heated issue, of course. But I'll post about that in detail on one of the forum threads.

I'm happy to be here and learn from all of you and your experiences!

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Just another welcome from teh Hoosier State.

Just to confuse ya in a different time zone.

Christmas in Anchorage

Response to The One - I don't know what there is to do in Anchorage at Christmas. I don't live in Anchorage and haven't visited there during that time frame. I'm guessing you can ski, see movies, and eat Chinese food like in most metropolitan places. :) It will definitely be cold and dark there though!

How do I add a photo image as an avatar?

How on earth do I add an avatar to my profile? I can't figure it out for the life of me. Is that my first test? Did I fail miserably so I now have to leave the group?

Many thanks!

The One

Cyburbian
Ahh....

How on earth do I add an avatar to my profile? I can't figure it out for the life of me. Is that my first test? Did I fail miserably so I now have to leave the group?

Many thanks!
May have to wait until you make 25 posts....or something.....I failed the moderator test a few years back.....

Status
Not open for further replies.