• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

HHeelloooooo, is anyone out there?

jmf

Cyburbian
HHeelloooooo, it anyone out there?

OK - if things are this quiet today - tomorrow may be unberable.

So, I am here trying to rewrite part of a planning strategy and calling home to check messages to see if I got a new job. (not holding my breath...)

What is the rest of Canada doing, considering the Americans are all in turkey-coma land or on their way there?

nerudite

Cyburbian
Working and dreaming of turkey and dressing. We are having roast and mashed potatoes tonight... I may just break out the cranberry sauce to quell the feeling that I'm missing out on a yummy feast.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
For me, a boring Thursday that is...
Oh well the rest of the world doesn't stop spinning because Cyburbia is having a slow day because of Thanksgiving...

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
yeaaaaah, it's really quiet, eh? I'm drafting some Transportation Principles for a Secondary Plan, typing up some meeting notes and just generally shuffling papers from one side of the desk to the other.

Good luck on the job jmf, I've got my fingers crossed for you!

JNL

Cyburbian
Just a normal day of work for me. (though it's Friday morning here already)

Good luck with the job jmf! I am also waiting to see if I have an interview. The waiting part sucks, eh?

el Guapo

Capitalist
Turkey Report:

I peeled the taters.
We eat in one hour.
The snacks have been great.
Enjoying the family. Especially the little kids.
My brother in law just called from Iraq.
Watched the tape of the President's visit to the troops in Iraq.
Green Bay is behind Detroit and I don't really care either way.
The folk's cable modem is much slower than mine.
Later

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I;ve got to work tomorrow, but I'm heading home that night. Should be a nice, slow day ... I can work on the planning department Web site.

One for the Canadians ...

Rem

Cyburbian
It's Friday morning here too and I am at work. We have our work team Christmas party tonight - the big all-staff shindig is two weeks away. No turkey today though - we are going Italian tonight.

Rem

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
Turkey Report:

I peeled the taters.
We eat in one hour.
The snacks have been great.
Enjoying the family. Especially the little kids.
My brother in law just called from Iraq. ........
I have this image of a hirsute fellow wearing a too large hat smoking a pipe and the rugrats playing at his feet.

Hope all US Cyburbanites enjoy their day.