• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Hi AG74683

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
How are you doing? Fine, we hope.

Why does this thread exist? An excellent question!

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
I punched into google: it exists because

and it came up as this:

unemployment that exists because it takes time

fun little game

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
I want to say I don't understand this thread... but I do. I REALLY get it.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Whoa! We AGREED not to talk about it. We AGREED. And then this? I thought better of you....
You think you can just will it away? Besides, I doubt a single poster here has ever even visited Crete once in their life and has never taken a course on xenobiology.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
You think you can just will it away? Besides, I doubt a single poster here has ever even visited Crete once in their life and has never taken a course on xenobiology.
I would imagine when crossing off visitations to the world's largest islands, Crete (at 88) probably hasn't been visited yet. But you know they are going to eventually. And half our posters live in arid climates so they have at least xeriscaped. That counts for something.

DVD

Cyburbian
How can you people doubt the travelling ability of the regulars. Of course I've been to Crete. I've been there a couple times. Souda Bay was nice and the little beach town we kept going to served up great giant mugs of beer. Also the first place I tried octopus.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
How can you people doubt the travelling ability of the regulars. Of course I've been to Crete. I've been there a couple times. Souda Bay was nice and the little beach town we kept going to served up great giant mugs of beer. Also the first place I tried octopus.
On the other hand, you may be right, Hink. Comments like this make me speculate that it may only be a matter of time until they discover you-know-what.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
On the other hand, you may be right, Hink. Comments like this make me speculate that it may only be a matter of time until they discover you-know-what.
Maybe we should start throwing out red herrings? Speaking of, what are your thoughts on Sir Thomas Aquinas and his adherence to the Platonic/Aristotelian principle of realism?

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Maybe we should start throwing out red herrings? Speaking of, what are your thoughts on Sir Thomas Aquinas and his adherence to the Platonic/Aristotelian principle of realism?
I think he hopelessly confused the philosophers of the world when he wrote Summa theologiae. Hell, you can hardly separate his philosophical arguments from his theological ones thanks to that.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Perhaps this is because of my question about buying that 300. Maybe I am having a midlife crisis?

Although I suppose that means I'll only live until the ripe old age of 62, which seems young.

Big Owl

Cyburbian
Perhaps this is because of my question about buying that 300. Maybe I am having a midlife crisis?

Although I suppose that means I'll only live until the ripe old age of 62, which seems young.
I would be willing to bet that you would be the first person to go through a midlife crisis and purchase a 62 Chrysler 300. A motorcycle, muscle car, or foreign sports cars are midlife crisis purchases.

DVD

Cyburbian
I bought a 2001 Mustang a few years back. My wife calls it my midlife crisis car. Little does she know it's what i settled on since she wouldn't let me buy another Jeep. The last Jeep was a fun POS that enjoyed marking its territory.

And why do people need to be so insulting to the red hearing. Other hearings like to be recognized as well.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
I wish I knew. There is an inside joke here that I am not privy to.
You would say that to make people THINK you aren't privy. But we all know how privy you are to things. You are one of the priviest people I know.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
muckless spenefrian
huckless defreschian
Tuckless nanestrian...

there are others one could concoct.