• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Hi all...

nerudite

Cyburbian
Well I've been lurking around Cyburbia forums since last August without really posting much... so now that my visits are becoming more frequent, I thought maybe I'd introduce myself.

I'm a 32 y.o. planning chick originally hailing from Los Angeles, who has made her way north (way, way north in fact) with a few stops along the way. I started planning when I was 19 y.o., with stints in St. Helena (in the Napa Valley, CA), Davis CA, Vancouver WA, and Oak Harbor WA. Oh yeah, and I had a brief history with the somewhat controversial California Coastal Commission. I'm currently testing the waters (which are still frozen actually) in Alberta.

Anyway... that's it in a nutshell. Hope to see you all in the forums!

-- Deb

Jen

Cyburbian
Hi There nerudite Glad ya decided to log on once again.

I am also a former sunbelter who emigrated north. Are your waters there still frozen? Aye Carumba!!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Yup... the waters are still mostly frozen on the N. Saskatchewan River and it was even snowing this morning. It's a balmy 32F here right now. Woo! I just moved up here in December, and I had never lived anywhere that it snows, let alone in a place where you can drive on the rivers in the winter (that still freaks me out!)...

But overall it's been pretty interesting, and the people up here are great.

Where are you originally from Jen? And how do you like the colder climes?

Jen

Cyburbian
Driving on rivers?? Too cool- Our ice season was a loss here with a late freeze and lots of snow to insulate so the ice was never adequate for recreation.

I would love to ice skate down a river.

I grew up in South Florida but have been in Michigan since '89.

jen

We had snow in Albany today - after it was 90 degrees last week. But I'm with you Jen, on skating down the river. Since I saw Mystery, Alaska, I've been dying to - but I just don't think that will happen here, I'll have to find someplace in the adirondacks. welcome back, nerudite.

Top Bottom