• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Hi everybody

Mr. Planner

Hi my name is mark and I am a senior at the University of South Florida in Tampa. My degree is in Geography, and I was just checking out sites and came across this one.
Ive always been interested in skyscrapers and cities as a young person, and the game simcity was nice also in the 5th grade :)
Why do I feel like im making a introduction at a AA meeting lol
Thats all I guess for now,
Mark

el Guapo

Capitalist
Welcome Geographer. That degree in geography will serve you well. My wife and I have six of them between us. BTW - we are far more messed up than an AA crowd here in Cyburbia land. Now you are one of us. ;)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome!

another Geography degree here-and i still get lost in Northern Va :-(

Enjoy our own little crazy ward-we dont bite unless you ask nicely

PG

nerudite

Cyburbian
Four for four now in Geography degrees. But what else are we going to do... well, besides teach...

Welcome to cyburbia. :)

Yay! Geography! (I'm number 5!) The Why of Where.... ah hazy memories of AGG conferences. hee.

Welcome Mark!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Yay for Geography and welcome (I was only a minor in it though...). You'll have fun here.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Guess I get to break the string of geographers. Nothin' but Pure Planner here, baby!

Welcome to Cyburbia!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Another geographer here. Don't mind Tranplanner, he's a Canadien. They may have a superiority complex, but they are harmless. Welcome.

Mr. Planner

Thanks you all, this is one nice forum.

Well right now I am in the process of getting some internships so I can get some experience with planning, there are some smaller cities around here maybe I can get with them just to see what its like.

Mark

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
No degree in Geography, but just about enough credit hours for a minor. I do have a BS in Wildlife Biology though.... How's that for something different.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Howdy. I have my B.A. in Geography from Uof Fla but did graduate work in Public Admin at USF; differing in time zones, however, I was introduced to Sim City in grad school in about 1988/89. Ouch!
And I'm still in FL.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Yay, another geography person. Although, mine is only a minor from FSU. I should have finished out the degree though, it is very useful.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I haven't taken a geography class since high school. I went the Political Science BA and Masters in Planning route.

Anyhow welcome aboard. I have a soft spot in my heart for the Tampa-St.Pete-Clearwater area. My Grandparents lived there for 25 years and I visted 2-3 times a year until they moved back to Indiana.

PlannerGirl said:
Hey were you at the AAG in Charlotte NC god how long ago was that? 95 maybe?

PG
Yep yep yep. hazy hazy memories of that one. lots and lots of fun, though. the best was the following year in Texas. oh the memories!

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
hehe i was the ONLY female *not spouse etc* at the military geography meeting. funny they started an email list and i kept requesting to be put on but never got on...sexual bias perhaps?

Chlt has changed SOOO much after the AAG meeting-there are actualy cool clubs and outdoor cafes to go to now!!

PlannerGirl said:

Chlt has changed SOOO much after the AAG meeting-there are actualy cool clubs and outdoor cafes to go to now!!
I totally agree. I just remember walking around downtown thinking "Where are all the cars?" and just 4 years later, going out and realizing what a cool little city it is.