• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Hi Folks

My name is Darrell and I would like to introduce myself to the forum. Currently I am living in the Cleveland, Ohio area but will be relocating to San Antonio next month (May). Previously I have lived in Philadelphia and Hartford. I am a Residential Mortgage Underwriter and have worked for various banks in the North East and Midwest. Hi all!

el Guapo

Capitalist
Welcome Darrell

We hope you enjoy your time with us. I had the good fortune to spend some time in San Antonio. What a lovely town. Good luck there.

planasaurus

Cyburbian
Hi Darrell,

Welcome, I have spent a lot of time in Cleveland (well, mostly Shaker Heights), and I always have fun. In fact, I thought seriously about moving there. Do you like living there?

I love Cleveland. I have been here for 3 years now and there is much more to this city than out of towners may realize.

Unfortunately I will be leaving this fair city for new challenges in the Lone Star State. However, I do like Texas and plan on calling it home for a while.

If you would like any info about Cleveland, let me know.

Jen

Cyburbian
Welcome Darrell -

I have a question about Cleveland- What are your three favorite radio stations?

ANd if you love living there why are you leaving?

LOL Too bad at the beginning of spring too and heading to the beginning of summer in Texas. Well at least you are out of Philly and Harftford sheesh.

Stick around ya hear?

Hi Jen,

I don't listen to much Cleveland radio as I have a pretty extensive CD collection. I do listen to Q104 drive time and occasionally 95Kiss or WKDD out of Akron.

I am moving to Texas for a job opportunity I couldn't pass up.

Kwame K

Texas? Urrgh! You might as well have said Saudi Arabia.

I've been dere and done dat.

Virtue City

Cyburbian
Cleveland Rocks

Yes! A fellow Clevelander!

I think pretty much everyone that lives in Cleveland loves it here. That's just the general impression...people have a lot of pride in the area. Look at Drew Carey. He grew up here and now bases his show on the city (which does WONDERS for Cleveland).

You have to love living in Lakewood. It has to be one of my favorite places in the Cleveland CMSA. It makes for a great Saturday afternoon to check out the huge mansions on Lake or check out the shops on Detroit and Madison.

VC