• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 Hi...I'm "GRID"

GRID

Cyburbian
Hey -- I am so glad that I found this "Cyburbia." I had no idea that it existed! What a cool, creative, perfect name for an urban forum: "CYBURBIA." I stumbled across this on accident and it made my day.

Anyways, my username is "GRID." It seems I recognize some of your names from other architecture Forums, and some of you may recognize my name.

I am currently living in the Miami area and going to college. I look forward to graduating one of these days and then I'll leave Miami and head-off to who knows where to start my career -- I'm thinking California: San Francisco or LA. I am a city skyline, urban, and landscape architecture-enthusiast, and hope to use my artistic and creative skills in my future career. "Hello" to you all and I look forward to chatting about our similiar interests in urban topics, although we all come from different backgrounds, continents, countries, and faiths.

Last edited:

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Welcome from Chicago!!

I, Urbanist, also.

GRID

Cyburbian
Gosh...you guys are a friendly bunch! Thanks! I am happy to be here. I cannot believe all the little "perks" on this Forum! I'm lovin' it!

JNL

Cyburbian
Welcome from Wellington, New Zealand :) Cyburbia is indeed a very cool site - just look at some of our post counts to see how addictive it is! 8-!

BKM

Cyburbian
Welcome from Northern California, home of 1000 square foot $400,000 "starter home" :/

ludes98

Cyburbian
LA and San Francisco are certainly different urban forms. Welcome from the Valley of the Sun.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Welcome, Grid, from the north shore of the mighty O-HI-O, 609 miles south of its source, where we are just some 55 hours from illegally moving our Hoosier clocks one hour ahead.

Cybrurbia is a great place full of fun and sometimes, well, rather lively conversations. Enjoy :b:

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome
from the northshore of the Ohio River, at milemarker 792.5,
in the CTZ therefore west of Gedunker.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
WOW 14 posts in one day? At that rate GRID you will be in the Clube in 71 days or less. Hey there you go, a short term goal until you graduate.

Well anyway, welcome from the Mitten State

GRID

Cyburbian
You all -- Thanks! I really had no idea about this Forum before. I would love to see this place just boom with even tons more traffic. Also, it is neat how this Forum is tied-in so closely with an adult-feeling urban planning website!

Lakelander -- It is great to see you, too. I've always felt you were one of the true, authentic urbanists. It makes sense seeing you here. :)

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Welcome from an exiled Florida planner currently living in DC for only 3 more weeks and then off to Philly.

Budgie

Cyburbian
Howdy, GRID. I like grids. I recently worked on a project in Miami-Dade County -- the Agriculture Retiontion and Feasibility study, thingy. I worked on the PDR/TDR, AG marketing and growth management portions of the study. DPZ were the primary consultant and I worked for one of the subs.

Anyway, welcome and enjoy your extended stay.

GRID

Cyburbian
Again, thanks to you all. It is great hearing where you are from and what you do. I'm hoping to learn more over here, with all this mature, urban-planning talk. My interest has mainly been strictly "postcard skyline" and architecture so far. But, I'm excited to learn more details and thought processes of the urban-planning world. :)

P.S. Great to see ya over here, too, Troy. Your another one of those that I knew took urban planning really seriously... :)

JNL

Cyburbian
GRID said:
I'm hoping to learn more over here, with all this mature, urban-planning talk.
Eh? Mature? Think you've got your forums mixed up.... ;)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Welcome, GRID! I hope you have had a great time here and continue to have a good time here too :)

H

Cyburbian
welcome.

I have been in Miami for the past 1 and 1/2 years, but am moving soon to a differnent area of FLA. Miami is a fun town with a lot of interesting planning projects, as is the entire state. Enjoy it. :)

H

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Thanks JNL ;-)
You took the words right out my mouth.

SGB

Cyburbian
Welcome, Grid, from central NY state.

Sorry for the belated response; I was kinda busy on 4/1! :)

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
GRID said:
I cannot believe all the little "perks" on this Forum! I'm lovin' it!
Perks? Are we getting APA discounts now that I don't know about ;-)

Welcome!!!