• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Hi there!

martini

Cyburbian
New user here. From the midwest(close to MPLS). In Grad school, attemting a MURP.

What about me you ask? well, lesse. To say that I lean to the left politically is an understatement, I hate Wall Mart, despise cars, sprawl makes me sick, but moderated growth is good. Things I like are: cycling(mountain, road, whatever), modern design that's attainable to the masses, Green power(well, duh! we can get power form the wind!), third parties, parties in general, dogs, frisbee golf, and my wife.

any other questions?

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome!

Yhaeee another left leaning person (does the happy dance)

Seriously welcome to our little crazy net home. We look forward to your thoughts.

PG

BKM

Cyburbian
Welcome! I'm somewhat left-leaning too. I like modernist design (Charter subscriber to uber-yuppie-modern Dwell, etc :) )

But one thing you said: modern design for the "masses." The "masses" want Colonial revival (out here: Spanish-mediterranean) and ranchers. And, lots and lots of garage space. Affordable modernism for the "masses" is quite an ambitous goal.

H

Cyburbian
Hiddy-Ho!

I lean to the left on tuesdays & thursdays....:)

Last edited:

jordanb

Cyburbian
Great! So it's still everyone vs Prudence :).

I think this board should pick the next president.

Jeff

Cyburbian
martini said:
New user here. From the midwest(close to MPLS). In Grad school, attemting a MURP.

What about me you ask? well, lesse. To say that I lean to the left politically is an understatement, I hate Wall Mart, despise cars, sprawl makes me sick,
Great another one of these environmental nuts.

[Things I like are: cycling(mountain, road, whatever),
Can't be all that bad I guess?

JNL

Cyburbian
martini said:
Things I like are: Green power(well, duh! we can get power form the wind!)
Hi! My whole country is supposedly having a power crisis at the moment (our lake levels are too low - a lot of our power is hydro-electric) and we are being bombarded by advertising asking us to 'save 10%'. One of the main power companies has just announced it's going to build another 'wind farm' to boost supply, which I'm all in favour of.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Hooray. The bloodless midwest cyburbia coup gains another registered user.

Welcome. Have some cheese.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
martini said:
Things I like are: cycling(mountain, road, whatever), modern design that's attainable to the masses, Green power(well, duh! we can get power form the wind!), third parties, parties in general, dogs, frisbee golf, and my wife.

any other questions?
Welcome!

Now how come your wife is listed last, hmm? And what's frisbee golf? Must be another one of those "XTREME" sports. :)

donk

Cyburbian
welcome aboard, we'll have to start a cyburbia.org cycling team soon.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
GO!!! cycburbia.org cycling! Beat the pants off that Neil Armstrong cycling freak. We will win the French Open!

Haaaa! The sun is rising I must head for the cave.

Jeff

Cyburbian
mendelman said:
GO!!! cycburbia.org cycling! Beat the pants off that Neil Armstrong cycling freak. We will win the French Open!

Haaaa! The sun is rising I must head for the cave.
Yo...

Neil Armstrong landed on the moon...Lance Armstrong rides the bike....

....and the French Open is tennis!

martini

Cyburbian
Mud Princess said:
Now how come your wife is listed last, hmm? And what's frisbee golf? Must be another one of those "XTREME" sports. :)
Last as in "last, but certainly not least". Not last as in "oh, by the way"! Actually, she probably should be first on the list....she is my best friend afterall.

frisbee golf? Ummm, I call it golf for those who can't afford the real thing. No private clubs, discs cost $10 to $20 and all you need are three really. Not 12 to 14 $300 clubs. That and the courses are always PUBLIC parks, and not fertilized/painted to death(I don't like normal golf much)

Thanks for the welcome folks, this looks like a nice forum to be a part of.

Go Neil! errr, Lance!

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
To Mike D

Sorry, I meant to say Tour De Pants!

Bear Up North

Cyburbian Emeritus
Martini.....

Welcome from Bear.

Not liberal. Not conservative. Mostly libertarian. (What I do is my business.)

Condsider myself a "real planning geek" cause I do it for a hobby.

The people here seem nice. I've only been here a week or so.

Look forward to your posts.

Midwest Bear