• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

hi

j_deuce

Cyburbian
Just thought I'd say, "hi, I'm new, too," after posting a couple times on the student board.

BU (no s) student about to start a *()&^*) thesis in land use planning, if I can ever find an advisor ...

I, too, drink too much coffee and know very little about chickens, except that on occasion, they find their remnants in Franklin Park, Boston...

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Welcome from just north of you in NH. :beer:

moose

Welcome from all the way over on the Left Coast

My mentor is from Boston, does that count?

Belle

Cyburbian
Welcome from another student . :) Good luck with finding a thesis advisor!

I think soon I'll start a thesis topic thread so all the students (and ex-students) can commisserate.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Welcome from, ahh... several hours south...

If you would like to know more about chickens, we have them in our city. You can take as many as you would like. Farm animals are prohibited by our zoning ordinance.

j_deuce

Cyburbian
Belle said:
Welcome from another student . :) Good luck with finding a thesis advisor!

I think soon I'll start a thesis topic thread so all the students (and ex-students) can commisserate.
I'll be there.... assuming I'm not lying on the floor twitching from all the caffeine....

biscuit

Cyburbian
Welcome from 70 miles north of the Mason-Dixon line. All I know about about chicken is that I like mine extra crispy.

j_deuce

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
Welcome from 70 miles north of the Mason-Dixon line. All I know about about chicken is that I like mine extra crispy.
Mmm... fried chicken. Anybody know where there's good fried chicken in Boston? I miss my Church's...

Thanks for the welcomes, guys

El Feo

Cyburbian
Welcome, from across the river! Can't point you to good fried chicken around here outside my house, but I do know where you can get great collard greens, of all things. And right here in the middle of yankeeland!

j_deuce

Cyburbian
Good collard greens? Really? Bob the Chef's, perhaps?

Latin:

cuius est solum eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos

"The land one owns is his from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell," give or take a word.

Rem

Cyburbian
Hi. I'm a really long way away. Good luck with the thesis - we'll proof it for you on the boards if you like (don't try this if you have self-esteem issues).

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Welcome from another midwestener about 850 miles and 14 hours west of you in the Great Lakes state of Michigan.

Have fun and post often

El Feo

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
Don't you have KFC in Boston? ;)
Tranplanner, only go to KFC for chicken livers (you can't even get THOSE at most KFCs). Church's is for fried chicken...

j- welcome. i have fond memories of the APA conference in Boston a few years ago. they're very fuzzy, but fond none the less!

as for chicken - i always prefered the Zaxby's! yum!

biscuit

Cyburbian
Re: Chicken

j_deuce said:
Downtown: Zaxby's?
Good call Downtown! I haven't eaten at Zaxby's in a while
I'm afraid, however, that Zaxby's is only a Southeastern thing Anyway, they have the best chicken tenders anywhere, hands down. Mmmmmmm....chicken

Last edited:

j_deuce

Cyburbian
Well, if I ever have a reason to be in SC, I'll make a trip and try these infamous chicken tenders...

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Chicken

biscuit said:
Good call Downtown! I haven't eaten at Zaxby's in a while
I'm afraid, however, that Zaxby's is only a Southeastern thing Anyway, they have the best chicken tenders anywhere, hands down. Mmmmmmm....chicken
Well, now I feel dumb. My son loves chicken and I drove right past 3 or 4 Zaxby's on a recent trip since I'd never heard of it and thought it was just another sorry regional chain.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Welcome!

I hope you like the "anything can be a Death Match" quilt I sent!

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Welcome from yet another Midwesterner/BSU'er and chicken afficianado. This isn't really chicken-related, but is Kelly's Diner still in Somerville? Best homefries EVER. Good luck on your thesis, by the way. I'm still slogging through mine, and probably will for years to come.... (sigh).

j_deuce

Cyburbian
Plannerbabs said:
Welcome from yet another Midwesterner/BSU'er and chicken afficianado. This isn't really chicken-related, but is Kelly's Diner still in Somerville? Best homefries EVER. Good luck on your thesis, by the way. I'm still slogging through mine, and probably will for years to come.... (sigh).
Is Kelly's that place near the Cambridge line, almost near Porter Sq.? If so, yeah, it's still there. Otherwise, can't say that I really get over to Somerville very often. Not too much in the way of anything there... Good luck on your own thesis...

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Yep, that's the one. Neat old diner, the traditional kind we don't have too many of out here anymore. Diners always have the best breakfasts.
Thanks for the good-luck wish, although I'm (obviously) so easily distracted by other things, like breakfast, that it may be a while before it's done. At least I'll be well-fed!

j_deuce

Cyburbian
Plannerbabs said:
Yep, that's the one. Neat old diner, the traditional kind we don't have too many of out here anymore. Diners always have the best breakfasts.
Indeed. I only ever had lunch out at kelly's, but it was definitely worth it.