• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

History of Bourbon class

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Q. Well would this class qualify for AICP Continuing Education Credits ?
Bet you never had an opportunity to take a class like this?

History of Bourbon class
The School of Continuing & Professional Studies at Bellarmine University, 2001 Newburg Road, is offering a new course this summer that will appeal to fans of Kentucky's most famous elixir.

Michael Veach, former archivist at United Distillers and current staff member of the Filson Historical Society, will guide students through the fascinating and complex history of Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey. Topics will include the farmer/distillers of the frontier, the effect of the Industrial Revolution on Bourbon making, Prohibition and the current status of the Bourbon industry.

The class meets on four consecutive Tuesdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. beginning June 15. The cost is $59 per person.

To register, call (502) 452-8166 or visit ce.bellarmine.edu.

As see in the Louisville Courier-Journal http://www.louisvillescene.com/2004/05/22/drink.html

Last edited:

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
I don't need no stinking class on the history of bourbon. I married a direct descendant of Jimmy Beam hisself.

On the other hand, if they are going to have tastings, well, that's another thing altogether :-D

biscuit

Cyburbian
Now that's my kind of edubecation. ;-)
Chances are there's a few of us around here who could teach that class ourselves.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Not a bourbon drinker here, but if it was gin, well that's another story. In a related matter, while in college I enrolled in a lower division class on wine appreciation justified by the fact it including grape growing and its effect on land use. Aced the class; easiest three semester units I ever earned.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
While in college, I had a class on European Geography. The instructor was from Ireland, who told us all about the origins of various types of spirited beverages and tested us about them more than other types of factoids for the regions.

JNA, Sounds like a very cool class.