• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Holiday Weekend

Jeff

Cyburbian
Yup....

and if you all don't mind I need to get back to designing my ski slopes (back yards @ 2:1), and filling in some wetlands...

...maybe put up some condos in a floodplain somewhere....

mwwahhhhaaahhaaa

Mike DeVuono said:
Eh....nobody asked you to chime in with "We trade one useless holiday in for another...."

Back to your corner!

mike, are you crabby because your leg stubble is itchy today?

Bucky alum

Us in the travel industy have barely any off as well

Some of us who work for the travel industry only get 8 days off a year. But we usually have to work those days so we trade them off. I actually am going home to the family this weekend to get and give Christmas presents. Unfortunately the tree is on the curb.

Jill

Mike DeVuono said:
Eh....nobody asked you to chime in with "We trade one useless holiday in for another...."

Back to your corner!

oh, so this is how folks are welcomed to cyburbia now?

Good thing years of contentious public meetings gave me thick skin!!

:)

Jeff

Cyburbian
I don't remember anyone ever introducing themselves, do you bturk?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mike DeVuono said:
I don't remember anyone ever introducing themselves, do you bturk?

Nope. Dont recall. Hey Jill - Cyburbia ettiqutte would be to enter the "Introduce Yourself" Section of the Board, and start a new thread introducing yourself.

Of course, your always welcome to just lurk around.

Jill

bturk said:

Nope. Dont recall. Hey Jill - Cyburbia ettiqutte would be to enter the "Introduce Yourself" Section of the Board, and start a new thread introducing yourself.

Of course, your always welcome to just lurk around.

Whoops, guess I didn't get that far down the board yet. Will do. Thanks.

donk

Cyburbian
well, even though it was not a holiday here I had a great day yesterday. I got home from 4 days away to burst pipes and a burst water meter. Note to self do not try and defrost pipes on a sunday night. It turned out that my main shut off valve was broken too and when the pipes let loose the basement filled with about 3 feet of water. I had to get the city to come turn my water off at the street.

Spent monday fixing broken pipes, valves and getting a new meter installed.

The good news was that my hand dug basement drained perfectly.

Ah, the joys of home ownership and winter in the north.

As for stories from Halifax, I had a lot of fun, but will not divulge details here so I don't say something foolish again.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
donk said:
Spent monday fixing broken pipes, valves and getting a new meter installed.

Damn. Sorry to hear that, but at last it sounds like you're in good spirits about it.

donk said:
As for stories from Halifax, I had a lot of fun, but will not divulge details here so I don't say something foolish again.

You learn quickly, my friend!

donk

Cyburbian
Actually, it was probably the fumes from the torch and flux in my blood that clouded my judgement yesterday when I posted.

And there probably will be pictures posted from the event I attended, including ones of the CIP president.

Last edited: