• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

hollywood time travel paradoxes

boiker

Cyburbian
back to the future:

At the begining of BTTF, marty's family was dysfunctional, and his dad was a dweeb.

if marty went back in time only to almost screw things up with his mom and make his dad a stud, wouldn't his life been like it was at the end of the movie; before he went back in time?

If marty got his mother to fall in love with biff and not his dad would he even exist in the first place to cause that to happen?

i know.. i'm a dork..

it's friday :)

kguru

Cyburbian
boiker said:
back to the future:

At the begining of BTTF, marty's family was dysfunctional, and his dad was a dweeb.

if marty went back in time only to almost screw things up with his mom and make his dad a stud, wouldn't his life been like it was at the end of the movie; before he went back in time?

If marty got his mother to fall in love with biff and not his dad would he even exist in the first place to cause that to happen?

i know.. i'm a dork..

it's friday :)
The Law of Transit Displacement would protect Marty McFly from the changes made while time traveling. Very major changes did affect him (for example he almost disappeared from existance because his parents weren't meeting each other correctly).