• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, built environment shapers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

HomerJ returns after stint as professional hit man and skydive instructor

HomerJ

Cyburbian
What's up my peeps? Long time no post, just been so busy with the new job and all.

Someone give me the straight-skinny, what's been happening since I've been gone? Has cyburbia finally turned into an episode of Days of Our Lives?

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Enough about us, tell us about what you've been up to!

Moderator note:

split from RTDNTOTO7

hilldweller

Cyburbian
What's up my peeps? Long time no post, just been so busy with the new job and all.

Someone give me the straight-skinny, what's been happening since I've been gone? Has cyburbia finally turned into an episode of Days of Our Lives?
Welcome back homey! Not a lot of drama in here, although there was a bacon cracker incident of some sort involving Maister and Tranplanner.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
You missed the riff between Dan and a guy from Azerbaijan. It was dirty, but I still think Dan was right, whoomp isn't really where it is.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
Welcome back dude. Do you try both, taking someone out while skydiving? That would have been totally cool in a James Bond sort of way.

Planit

Cyburbian
There was another quick banhammer incident...

I see you're still carrying around that boom box.

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
Holy crap, you're back! Do I still owe you $20? Let's remember that time fixes everything, man......

How's the new job going, btw?

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Doh! Were you away? Oh yeah, we've been missing you.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
*waves*

Welcome back. Maister created some polls and some threads that no one responded to. I moped a bit and then found solace in a bunny.

So things were pretty much par for the course. Well, except for that thing that we're not allowed to talk about involving ursus...

HomerJ

Cyburbian
Well it's good to hear the folks of cyburbia are doing so well and I would like to know what this taboo topic related to ursus is all about...

My brief stint as a professional hit man occurred mostly out of the typical boredom that entails a career with the public sector. Once I met and hooked up with Jennifer Garner (the tabloids called us Hennifer), I realized I needed a career that was a little more...how shall we say...legal.

Interestingly enough, I find myself right back in the public sector as a Planner once again. A little wiser this time, though, and now I know my true purpose in life: to watch large quantities of paper enter my cube, and to correspondingly shuffle those large quantities of paper into someone else's cube (or the recycling bin if it's Friday).

Many piles of paper went into the recycling bin today...

Rygor

Cyburbian
Your presence has been greatly missed. I felt an absence in the force during your absence, young Jedi. Either that or it was that undercooked hotdog I had while camping Friday night.

Just kidding. I believe this calls for a :brofist::awesome: