• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Houston's Light Rail

vaneau

Well we finally did it........This was an uphill battle. Tomorrow is the ribbon cutting ceremony. I will post some pics for y'all.....

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Looking forward to seeing it! Are there immediate plans to expand the system?

vaneau

If you visit the METRO website you will find that they are very vague as to the exact alignments. However, priority corridors have been identified and ok'd by the voters.

METRO Solutions

Do they have any policy plans available? All I saw on their website was 2 power point presentations.

bocian

Cyburbian
I took the virtual tour of the Light Rail line (offered on the Houston Chronicle website) and it looks promising and really modern .

Congratulations to Houston - time-wise, you beat Seattle, Cinncinati, Tampa, Colombus, and many other cities in implementing and building something that just makes sense... the benefits are to follow and you will be proud of what you have done (and will want more of the same, more)..