• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

How about a new avatar theme week?

biscuit

Cyburbian
Seabishop said:
By that I mean is my avatar a comic book character?
Dude, we know that you're a comic book character. As for your avatar, isn't it from Red Meat? If so then I'd say that it's more of a comic strip than a comic book. :-D

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
On top of Pekar's experiences in American Splendor, I can relate to the work of Adrrian Tomine in his Optic Nerve comics.

E1244050-335F-11D5-90B600C0F04818F0.jpeg

There's already a bunch of Tomine avatars on Cyburbia, if anyone's interested.

optic_nerve_01.gif
optic_nerve_02.gif
optic_nerve_03.gif
optic_nerve_04.gif
optic_nerve_05.gif
optic_nerve_06.gif
optic_nerve_07.gif
optic_nerve_08.gif

donk

Cyburbian
Tomine is the next original art I'll be buying. Hopefully he has more pages from the upcoming issue on comic art collective. That is where I picked up my Bagge and Fingerman pages from. You actually communicate witht the artist to arrange the conditions of sale, pretty cool stuff.

On American Splendour, I just picked up an anthology, needed something to read on the plane, The early works are much more interesting than the more recent stuff I have tried to read. I'll be giving it another shot.

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Great idea for a theme week. I had just changed to Bailey Quarters, but I can always go back to her. My avatar:

1419ruthie2-thumb.gif

Ruthie from the best daily comic in existence, Ric Detorie's One Big Happy. Check it out here: Comics.com

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
One of my buddes from college, Rich Henn, is an up-and-coming comic book artist. You can check out his work at http://www.timespell.com . While I prefer graphic novels (not anime, I have to emphasize!), it's interesting seeing Rich's style evolve through the years. Zoomies looks to have a lot of potential; I haven't seen it yet, though. He's always been a great storyteller, and I wish I had that kind of talent.

Wannaplan?

Ready to Learn
Okay, comic book week is now officially over. Thank you for playing. It was fun!