• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

How are you going to celebrate...

What is this WTPD you speak of? I've been aware of it for a while, but local APA leadership is asleep at the wheel.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Attending the City Council meeting a few days ago, it seems like the whole world already plans our town (or at least it seemed that way as my one item went on for three hours of public testimony)...

Jeff

Cyburbian
Yup....be dropping the blades on the earth-moving equipment. Gonna encroach upon some wetlands.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
After work our staff is going down to the local pub to abuse some alcohol (NOT).

nerudite

Cyburbian
Uhhhh... I just realized that November 8th is a Saturday. So I'll be celebrating by sleeping in!

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
I'm going to pick up loose trash in my fiancee's neighborhood as well as in mine, after college football of course.

Rem

Cyburbian
We usually have a "Planners at the Pub" function though I haven't received the usual email notice yet.

PATP is an afternoon function where someone speaks about a rivetting topic (eg. why the colour pink is normally used for residential zonings on planning instruments) and then everyone drinks beer. It is an intellectually challenging and stimulating afternoon and you get CPD points for attending - even more if you're the speaker. Did I mention there was beer?

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Let's see, that should be about 3 days before the Commission approves a Walgreen's at the end of my street. Not much to celebrate.

I don't think we've actually ever recognized it here, altho' I ordered all the stuff from APA several years ago and took it up to the Planning Director. It never went anywhere.