• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

CAD How do to make such drawings in AutoCAD?

Antalpur

Hey everyone !

I really need to know what CAD software is use to make such plans for a new development. While it appears to be made in AutoCAD, I can't figure out as to how it has taken this form from the conventional 2d plan. Patterns and hatches could be the possible application for the outcome; however, I really need to know this. Thanks

inzane

Cyburbian
The map you posted appears to me to be a GIS map that imported cadd data. I think the property lines are cadd and the color is GIS. But, I could be wrong.

DVD

Cyburbian
I have to agree. Most likely it used autocad to do the property lines and then imported that into GIS and established layers.

Another way, if you'r just trying to get a pretty picture, set up the lines in cad then import it into photoshop or some raster based paint program and fill in the lots.

You could also just create a bunch of 3d faces in autocad, but that might be a little work and memory intensive.

nrschmid

Cyburbian
I do this work all day long in AutoCAD as a physical land planner. This could be done in one drawing in AutoCAD but there are individual hatch fills on the lots, some hatching is transparent, and then there is the draw order of objects.

Top Bottom