• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Howdy Hi

biscuit

Cyburbian
I'm a Planner and South Carolina expatriot now doing economic development work in the wilds of southwestern Pennsylvania (suburban Pittsburgh).
Any other Southerners out there?

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
I just moved to the NoVa/Dc area from North Carolina

welcome to the boards and our sometimes odd chats :)

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Welcome aboard biscuit....I'm a northerner, but I have many transplanted relatives in the south.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Welcome - I just like biscuits - with sausage gravy - muuuuuuuummmmmmmm. Grits too......

As a welcome gift please accept this virtual Drop Biscuit Cast Iron Logo Pan from the Cracker Barrell

biscuit

Cyburbian
Who doesn't love biscuits

Thanks for the greetings. And the virtual gifts.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......Cracker Barrell!

el Guapo

Capitalist
Re: Who doesn't love biscuits

biscuit said:
Thanks for the greetings. And the virtual gifts.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......Cracker Barrell!
Your'e gonna fit right in :)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
So do tell - how'd you pick the screen name 'biscuit' ??

biscuit

Cyburbian
It ain't just a screen name...It's a way of life

I picked up the name while at a party in college and it stuck. Its amazing what one can wake up with after a night of drinking: Strangers; Someone elses clothing; A new name; etc...

mike gurnee

Cyburbian
SOUTH central Ky raised, 4 years in GA, 7 in NC...OK, two years were in Atlanta, so perhaps that does not count as the south.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Re: It ain't just a screen name...It's a way of life

biscuit said:
I picked up the name while at a party in college and it stuck. Its amazing what one can wake up with after a night of drinking: Strangers; Someone elses clothing; A new name; etc...
Does it really start with whisker?

:)

biscuit

Cyburbian
I don't know if it was whiskey, but it started in college

RE:SOUTH central Ky raised, 4 years in GA, 7 in NC...OK, two years were in Atlanta, so perhaps that does not count as the south.

Yeah, I don't know if Atlanta counts as the south or not. To misquote John Shelton Reed, "Atlanta today is what 250,000 soldiers died trying to prevent."

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: It ain't just a screen name...It's a way of life

biscuit said:

Oooooo... I had a fraternity brother with the pledge name "Biscuit". You don't EVEN want to know how he got it...

Habanero

Cyburbian
Re: Re: It ain't just a screen name...It's a way of life

Mastiff said:

Oooooo... I had a fraternity brother with the pledge name "Biscuit". You don't EVEN want to know how he got it...
Oh, yeah.. I want to know!

kms

Cyburbian
Welcome. I was born in Louisville, lived in West Virginia. Now, I'm in the next county over from you - Westmoreland. You will hear Southern-sounding accents in Greene and Fayette Counties - not the refined accent mind you, more of a drawl, but it is definitely different from Pittsburghese.

biscuit

Cyburbian
No frat Biscuits are good Biscuits!!!

kms said:
Welcome. I was born in Louisville, lived in West Virginia. Now, I'm in the next county over from you - Westmoreland. You will hear Southern-sounding accents in Greene and Fayette Counties - not the refined accent mind you, more of a drawl, but it is definitely different from Pittsburghese.
"Hey Yonz is right. Them ones from daaaayntaaayn Pizzburg" do have an accent different from those in Greene and Fayette.
BTW, how do you like it in Westmoreland, b/c the only redeeming quality to "Warshingtan" is its proximity to Allegheny County.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: Re: Re: It ain't just a screen name...It's a way of life

TexasPlanner said:

I assure you... you don't. If you continue to believe you do, send me a private message, since it is CERTAINLY not fit to put into words on this board.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Welcome biscuit!!!

All this talk of biscuits and gravy is making me hungry... and unfortunately the only gravy you can get up here is brown watery stuff...

Hope to see you around the boards... and maybe we'll figure out how you got your nick eventually :) .

kms

Cyburbian
I like Westmoreland; I rarely go to Allegheny County. I'm in the western part, along rt. 30, so Allegheny county is coming to us. We have a museum, theatres, bike trails and more, plus countryside. I'm beyond partying years & have kids, so I can't speak about night life.

I used to know people at Washington Co. Conservation District, but I don't know who has come or gone for awhile. I went to California University, California, PA campus (for those who aren't around here).

Jeff

Cyburbian
You know what they say about Pittsburgh.....

It's not Philly so who cares what they say about Pittsburgh....

Welcome!

biscuit

Cyburbian
I'm not a bigot...Some of my best friends are Canadian

donk said:
Welcome biscuit. Is it because you are a biscuit under 300 lbs? [/B]
I just got to my family's house for the Turkey holiday weekend and woke-up this morining to a breakfast of homemade biscuits and gravy, and grits. If this kind of eating keeps up...I will NOT be a biscuit under 300 lbs.

MMMMMMMMMMGood!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: Re: Re: It ain't just a screen name...It's a way of life

TexasPlanner said:

Remember... I warned you. Both of you. (You know who you are, and I hope you didn't have biscuits for breakfast)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
And now I'll never look at "biscuits and gravy" the same...

nerudite

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: It ain't just a screen name...It's a way of life

Mastiff said:

Remember... I warned you. Both of you. (You know who you are, and I hope you didn't have biscuits for breakfast)
I'm so lost.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: It ain't just a screen name...It's a way of life

nerudite said:

I'm so lost.
Sometimes it's better that way, honey. Trust me.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: It ain't just a screen name...It's a way of life

bturk said:

Sometimes it's better that way, honey. Trust me.
I'd have to agree on that one!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: It ain't just a screen name...It's a way of life

TexasPlanner said:

I'd have to agree on that one!

Okay... I guess I'll have to take your word on that one.

OK , back on topic -

Welcome biscuit- although I'm not a native Southerner, I did a stint in South Carolina (grad school and first job) in the late 90's and still have a hankering for meat and three.

biscuit

Cyburbian
KMateja said:
OK , back on topic -

Welcome biscuit- although I'm not a native Southerner, I did a stint in South Carolina (grad school and first job) in the late 90's and still have a hankering for meat and three.
Thanks for the welcome. Were you at Clemson for grad school? If so, did you eat at the Steak House in Walhalla? Best meat and three in the world - hands down.

biscuit said:

Thanks for the welcome. Were you at Clemson for grad school? If so, did you eat at the Steak House in Walhalla? Best meat and three in the world - hands down.
I did go to Clemson for grad school, but missed the Steak House. I preferred the meat and three over at the Workin' Folk in Anderson! (first and last place I ever had Salmon Patty) I'm really hoping my sister goes to grad school in Clemson, just so i'll have a reason to get back down there and eat!