• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 howdy!

Jam

So this is where all the planners hang out!

nice to meet you all...Im a planner in NE England-have just been surfing about and found all you guys- Ive just posted a couple of threads elsewhere, it'll be interesting to see what you lot have got to say...

JNL

Cyburbian
Welcome, Jam, from New Zealand. I might be visiting relatives in Northampton soon. Cyburbia is a great place to hang out.

Strawberry jam is my favourite ;)

Jam

Glad to see there are so many Jam lovers in the place-Unfortunately, I'm just Jam flavoured Jam though-so I hope thats ok...

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome from
The north shore of the Ohio River, east of the Wabash River in the Central Time Zone.

I prefer unsweetened Apple Butter :)

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Welcome from the north shore of the Ohio River, in the Eastern Daylight Savings Time zone (the only real zone, actually), where our representatives don't try to carry loaded foreign-made weapons aboard domestic carriers bound for DC 8-!

I'll warn you that this place is seductive. Yet, we don't bite. Much.

SGB

Cyburbian
Welcome from central New York State, where we also use our fruits to make some mighty fine wines!

Budgie

Cyburbian
Welcome Jam, me ole china. I lived at RAF Lakenheath in Suffolk and Ely in Norfolk for 8 years. Know I'm in the state with the 4th highest wind index. Enjoy the boards. Here's my typical advice. Post hard, post often and don't get offended.

el Guapo

Capitalist

Welcome to town Sheriff. :)

boiker

Cyburbian
Welcome from Peoria, IL!

I don't believe I've noticed "planners" on this board, mostly slackers (myself included).

biscuit

Cyburbian
boiker said:
I don't believe I've noticed "planners" on this board, mostly slackers (myself included).
Hey, I resemble that remark!

Welcome from the city located at the confluence of the two rivers that form the mighty Ohio River (USA).

I had homemade blueberry jam on my toast for breakfast this morning. Yum

Jam

wow! Thanks for your collective hollers! Hi guys! (don't worry-those of you who have allready said hi neednt say hi back again!)

Habanero

Cyburbian
Jam said:
wow! Thanks for your collective hollers! Hi guys! (don't worry-those of you who have allready said hi neednt say hi back again!)

I just happen to feel another "hello" coming on, and to say marmalade is best. :-D

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
Welcome from Albany...where our best jam ever is the Grateful Dead "Dozin' at the Knick" 3 CD collection from the March 24-26, 1990 shows here!

Journeymouse

Cyburbian
A 'hello' from near Doncaster, which I firmly maintain is in the North as part of Yorkshire) although it isn't as North as you :D.

Jo