• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hybrid Vehicles & the Law of Unintended Consequences

jresta

Cyburbian
like rescue workers using cutting tools didn't have to worry about gas with overhead cams and the like?

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
My question is:

When would a rescue worker need to extract an occupant from the engine bay?Why would there be a threat, if all the dangerous elements are in the engine bay, not in the passenger compartment?

Or did I miss something?

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
mendelman said:
My question is:
When would a rescue worker need to extract an occupant from the engine bay?Why would there be a threat, if all the dangerous elements are in the engine bay, not in the passenger compartment?

Or did I miss something?
Q. 1 - No, not usually
Q. 2 - There should not be, If the scene is managed correctly with good SOP
that why you might see both an engine and a rescue
Q. 3 - you did not

If I remember my training

ludes98

Cyburbian
mendelman said:
Or did I miss something?
Based on the article, high voltage cables are in the doors so they typically cut the roof off. Seems to me that makes a car rolled onto its roof difficult to cut open.