• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

I am new to this so help me in the jungle

mehrotrasam

Hi guys.
Im at the urban design studio at the Univesity of Oklahoma .
im a grad student .
We have been working on the mayor's vision fo Tulsa-Ok for the past few days and i find it a completlye hopeless exercise to envision a Vision, there are so amny people involved that by the time things get finalized we come to realize the vested interests of the groups that are invovlved which could range from a soccer staida downtown to a contempory art center of new infill development...
Do u think that we shuld undertake such studies in real time to understand the planning process. ???????????

Give me an answer .IS a planning degree better off for an architect who likes to see his projects through realtime or a planning ...because it req patience and history to make history...
im new so let me know more on it...
bye
samir