• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

    Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

I did it!

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
Messages
386
Points
12
I finally broke up with my boyfriend!!!!!!!!!!
Woo hoo, single again! I'm going to be singing all weekend!!!
 

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
Messages
2,713
Points
24
So, is this a call for celebration that will include a wild romp of a beer drinking binge of happiness?

or are we talking 2 quarts of Chocolate Death ice cream and the chic flick channel with tissue paper! :)

I would suggest starting with a summer hummer:
1 part vodka to 3 parts lemonade on rocks! :)


OH, and good luck on the rebound!
 

Jeff

Cyburbian
Messages
4,161
Points
27
Does this mean I have to make room for you on my schedule now too?

Don't just expect me to drop everything, it may take a couple days before I can fit you in.
 

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Messages
20,162
Points
51
YEA!!! That is two of us now. So, would you like to go out for a beer some time? (how far are you from Kalamazoo?)
 

donk

Cyburbian
Messages
6,970
Points
30
Sounds like you are happy so congrats, and now you can use the hair brush however you like.
 

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Messages
1,827
Points
24
michaelskis said:
YEA!!! That is two of us now. So, would you like to go out for a beer some time? (how far are you from Kalamazoo?)
There you go Michaelskis make your move buddy.

Congrats Jessie-J.

I split with my girlfriend of 8 years about 1 1/2 years ago and am MUCH happier now. There are a lot of fish in the sea go find the right one for you now.

I'll have a beer for you tonight.
 

H

Cyburbian
Messages
2,850
Points
24
I think you just made a bunch of cyburbanites extremely happy.
 

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Messages
10,080
Points
34
JoshD said:
There you go Michaelskis make your move buddy.

Congrats Jessie-J.

I split with my girlfriend of 8 years about 1 1/2 years ago and am MUCH happier now. There are a lot of fish in the sea go find the right one for you now.

I'll have a beer for you tonight.
I wondered how long it would take before a member of the Deperate Males of Cyburbia Clube would hit on you ;)

It seems like this is going to be a good thing for you. Congrats.
 

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Messages
4,853
Points
26
Hum.. I guess if you're cheerful you broke up with him, he must have been quite an a$$. Congrats! :)
 

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Messages
1,827
Points
24
Cardinal said:
I wondered how long it would take before a member of the Deperate Males of Cyburbia Clube would hit on you ;)

It seems like this is going to be a good thing for you. Congrats.
Just for the record. I no longer am a member of the Desperate Males of Cyburbia Clube. It was a long cold, lonely road but I no longer travel it. At least for the time being.
 

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Messages
10,623
Points
34
Duke Of Dystopia said:
I would suggest starting with a summer hummer:
1 part vodka to 3 parts lemonade on rocks! :)
Wuss. Its 1 part to 1 part.
 

martini

Cyburbian
Messages
678
Points
19
From your post, it seesm as if this a thing to celebrate for you(not him, eh?). Good on ya, now go out with your posse and throw down the party gauntlet!
 

biscuit

Cyburbian
Messages
3,904
Points
25
You just had to wait until I was engaged to finally do it, didn't you. Oh well, to what could have been. ;)

Good deal. Enjoy being single for a while.
 

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Messages
3,838
Points
25
Kick that man to the curb! Your mom was right - we all knew he wasn't good enough for you!

Somewhere on another internet forum is a guy from Missouri being consoled about his breakup. ;) My God, I hope he isn't a Red Sox or Cubs fan too!
 

Budgie

Cyburbian
Messages
5,270
Points
30
I am slowly becoming convinced that "love and marriage" is a falicy perpetuated by religious and legal tradition. What do our instincts tell us? I think people can be happy with lust, friendship, and kinship regardless of habitation arrangements, offspring and monogomy.

Jessie -J, "you have taken your first step into a larger world" - Obi-Wan Kenobi. It's easier doing it now than before committments start to bog you down. This comes from a self professed "estranged husband" who's fighting with committment (to children) and the passage of time (we ain't getting any younger).
 

martini

Cyburbian
Messages
678
Points
19
Budgie said:
I am slowly becoming convinced that "love and marriage" is a falicy perpetuated by religious and legal tradition. What do our instincts tell us? I think people can be happy with lust, friendship, and kinship regardless of habitation arrangements, offspring and monogomy.
Ha! thsi is actually kinda funny. The wife and I have an agreement 'tween eachother. We both acknowledge that the human species craves multiples. We both know eyes wander. To this end, we are 'allowed' to have a few 'straggelers', or extra boyfreind/girlfreinds that we are openly flirtatious with. While it does seem to dirve those who know us only marginally rather batty, those who we consider real freinds actaully find it rather entertaining.

So right now, I have a 'harem' of three women I like to call my girlfreinds. And Lisa has essentailly the same. Then I get to go home to my wife and sleep w'her! Life is good. :)
 

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Messages
10,080
Points
34
martini said:
So right now, I have a 'harem' of three women I like to call my girlfreinds. And Lisa has essentailly the same. Then I get to go home to my wife and sleep w'her! Life is good. :)
Please tell me her harem is three other women... we need to have another lesbian thread in this site!
 

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Messages
4,473
Points
25
martini said:
So right now, I have a 'harem' of three women I like to call my girlfreinds. And Lisa has essentailly the same. Then I get to go home to my wife and sleep w'her! Life is good. :)
Are you sleeping with your "harem" of three lady friends? If so damn life is good.
 

Jeff

Cyburbian
Messages
4,161
Points
27
martini said:

So right now, I have a 'harem' of three women I like to call my girlfreinds. And Lisa has essentailly the same. Then I get to go home to my wife and sleep w'her! Life is good. :)
So do you get to bang these chicks? Or just flirt with them?
 

Budgie

Cyburbian
Messages
5,270
Points
30
Mike D. said:
So do you get to bang these chicks? Or just flirt with them?
Mike D:

Consistent with the persona embodied in your namesake member of the Beastie Boys, you're as suttle as a rhinocerus horn up the a%#. I like your style.
 

martini

Cyburbian
Messages
678
Points
19
um. lets see here: NO I don't get to sleep with them. All d!ck teases.

Hers: two boys, one girl :):):):)

Life is still good though, I get to flirt my ass off and not get introuble for it, nor have any feelings of this thing they call "guilt".
 

Budgie

Cyburbian
Messages
5,270
Points
30
martini said:
um. lets see here: NO I don't get to sleep with them. All d!ck teases.
I think it would be very difficult to maintain this rule for both of you. Perhaps, this thing called "guilt" is just around the corner since this arrangement does have a boundary, which I would be surprised if it held. Of course you could both break the rule at the same time in the same place, which would be very interesting.
 

martini

Cyburbian
Messages
678
Points
19
We're not the type that goes out and swings, but we are comfortable with eachother flirting. We're both realizing that human nature is to procreate w/multiple partners, but we're not taking it that far. We have talked about it, and how it makes us feel, and we both agree that it is a healthy thing to flirt, to do what we're doing. Neither of us is a jealous person(we're lucky like that).

All right enough focusing on me...on to other subjects...
 

el Guapo

Capitalist
Messages
5,995
Points
31
We Have A WINNER!

This thread has harems, hurling into toilets, sports, manual clitorial stimulation with a foreign object, infidelity, alcohol, lesbians, harems, anal beastiality, and Darwinism.

Wooo Hooo!

This is why I got into planning!
 

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Messages
4,473
Points
25
Re: We Have A WINNER!

el Guapo said:
This thread has harems, hurling into toilets, sports, manual clitorial stimulation with a foreign object, infidelity, alcohol, lesbians, harems, anal beastiality, and Darwinism.

Wooo Hooo!

This is why I got into planning!
I second that.
 

jordanb

Cyburbian
Messages
3,232
Points
25
Hey Jessie-J, just in case that excited post is a coping mechinisim, and you're really emotionally distraught and vulnerable, give me a ring. ;)
 

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
Messages
386
Points
12
Michaelskis: Where is Kalmazoo? I'm in St. Louis.

Yeah, single life seems good so far (it has only been a day) but I guarantee that I won't be rushing in to anything any time soon. I am going to just concentrate on getting my a$$ to graduation and back to Texas where I belong.

The breakup was pretty mutual, still friends. Still amicable, which is good because I think he's a good person.

Thanks for all of your positivity! I will party this weekend and make the most of life again. Feeling great!
 

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Messages
1,361
Points
23
Jessie-J said:
The breakup was pretty mutual, still friends. Still amicable, which is good because I think he's a good person.

Thanks for all of your positivity! I will party this weekend and make the most of life again. Feeling great!
Party on, sista! :b: :D
 

Budgie

Cyburbian
Messages
5,270
Points
30
Jessie-J said:
Michaelskis: Where is Kalmazoo? I'm in St. Louis.
Southwestern Michigan,
Take I-70 east to I-57,
Take a right on I-80 at Chicago,
Veer north/east on I-94.
Bam !!!! You're in Kalamazoo.

*****************************

I know this guy;
He mangled his hand;
So he went from pipe fittin' to a hotdog stand;
They say last year he cleared 50 grand;
Sellin dogs around Kalamazoo.

****************************
 

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Moderator
Messages
18,699
Points
69
You know, gang ... Jessie lives in St. Louis.

So does this guy.

I'm gonna' be rich! :D

(Sorry, Jessie. I'm moving to beautiful Lyndhurst, Ohio in a few weeks.)
 

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Messages
20,162
Points
51
Thanks for giving her directions. *and I am in Portage (just south of K-zoo) so you need to toss the take 131 south from 94, and take exit 31.

OH and I had a beer with Josh D and a few of his Lady friends, we where thinking that some time we should get a mid west Cyburbia party together. I propose it be held in Kalamazoo due it is mid way between Detroit and Chicago.
 

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Messages
10,623
Points
34
michaelskis said:
OH and I had a beer with Josh D and a few of his Lady friends, we where thinking that some time we should get a mid west Cyburbia party together. I propose it be held in Kalamazoo due it is mid way between Detroit and Chicago.
Make it a saturday night and plan in advance, and I'm there!

Dan - thats not toooo far from the west side of Cleveland either.
 

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Moderator
Messages
18,699
Points
69
Jessie-J said:
Dan, are you going to marry that guy? Rod Barnett?
Nope. You are. And I'm gonna' be RICH!

From his Web site: he likes "Dark haired woman - They are usually of Persian, French, Latin or Asian-American descent."
 

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
Messages
386
Points
12
Dan said:
Nope. You are. And I'm gonna' be RICH!

From his Web site: he likes "Dark haired woman - They are usually of Persian, French, Latin or Asian-American descent."
I'm French and German. White girl, not exotic. Sorry Dan, but I won't be marrying anyone anytime soon, and if there is money involved in me getting married, I will be claiming the wealth to myself. Muahahhahahah

I'd post another picture for everyone to rip apart but for some reason I can't post attachments anymore.
 
Top