• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

I didn't see my name...

Oh, I Know!...

[Pure BS] ...Daniel R. Mandelker is "Dan". Right? Does anyone know Dan's last name???[/Pure BS]

:p

Budgie

Cyburbian
Michele Zone said:
[Pure BS] ...Daniel R. Mandelker is "Dan". Right? Does anyone know Dan's last name???[/Pure BS]

:p
It's not Mandelker. I think Daniel Mandelker is in his 80's. I've met Mandelker a couple of times in Denver.

Budgie

Cyburbian
Eventually, Lee Nellis will probably be an FAICP, if he isn't already. I'm just a lowly AICP

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
There's one known FAICP Cyburbianite -- Perry Norton.

Mandelker is a land use law professor at Washington University of St. Louis. He wrote "Land Use Law,:" which is on my list of books every planner should have in their library; it's clear and comprehensive.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Well, since the bureaucratic a-holes at APA can't bother to return a friggin phone call or email about my application status, I apparently have no chance of sitting for AICP much less being held in high enough esteem for FAICP.

This is the biggest joke of a profesional organization I have ever experienced.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Chet said:
Well, since the bureaucratic a-holes at APA can't bother to return a friggin phone call or email about my application status, I apparently have no chance of sitting for AICP much less being held in high enough esteem for FAICP.

This is the biggest joke of a profesional organization I have ever experienced.
It looks like I will be sitting for the exam in May. After applying in early december, many weeks passed in which the good folks at APA sent me confirmation that they had received my application, informed me after a few weeks that they had not yet received the verification from my past employer, and then dutifully notified me when it did arrive and I was certified to take the exam. No. No, that was a dream. After paying my $65, I heard nothing from APA. I have had to follow up entirely on my own. [SARCASM] Maybe they need to raise the fee if $65 is not enough for some APA lackey to be able to send out a form letter once in a while to let people know the status of the application. [/SARCASM]

Interestingly, the web site does say "You will be notified of eligibility for the May 2004 exam within six weeks of the date your application was submitted." Mine was submitted on December 7. As of March 13, I have not had one contact from APA, by phone, e-mail, or letter. Is it any wonder that I think they are all incompetent?

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Seeing this list, and all the postings makes me wonder what can I do to be a better planning... It makes me wonder what qualities do these people have, that so many others do not. It also makes me wonder what great planners have done to make them great? I read everything I can, I work as hard as I can... But the frustration is still there knowing that we are limited in what we can do by those who don’t understand. How can change the world (APA, city councils, co-workers, employees, and the general population)

Maybe the people on this list where able to make someone see their point of view.