• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

I have arrived!

zurbanist

Wow, that sounded a little pretentious.

Hi! I'm an Associate Planner in the Mountain West and a recent graduate of a Masters of City and Metropolitan Planning program. I found this site from Ursus (who is my boss) and suggested I check it out. It sounds like everyone here is pretty cool. I hope to contribute my wealth of knowled.........jees there goes that pretentiousness again........

In all honesty, I hope to make some friends that enjoy Planning as much as I do and have some fun conversation.

Important info: I'm 34, (xennial if you're into that) I enjoy Planning, Disney, Planning, Disney and Planning. I really don't have a life outside those two things. I am married to a wonderful man (full disclosure I am also a guy) and have three dogs and two cats. I am excited to get to know some of you and appreciate you allowing me to engage with all of you on this site! Happy Friday!

-Z

DVD

Cyburbian
Alright! a mini Ursus! Do you have big hair like he does? We're expecting everyone in the orbit of Ursus to have big hair. Also, great stories and random anecdotes.

Otherwise, hello from Arizona and not Kansas. I was never in Kansas.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome from downeast Maine!

Any friend of Ursus is a friend of mine, but, can you tell me, is it true that @ursus :

A. Wears leather pants
B. Prefers double stuff Oreos over regular Oreos
C. Always misses trash day

terraplnr

Cyburbian
Welcome from the Disneyland state to the west of you! I feel a thread split coming on. . . similarities between the Disney universe and planning. . . ;)

DVD

Cyburbian
similarities between the Disney universe and planning. . . ;)
Planners smile for the public, help out people, and can't speak.

Disney characters smile for the public, help out, and can't speak.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome from a former (nearly 40 yrs ago) resident (student) of Logan.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Greetings from the Hoosier state, hard by the Ohio River, just below the mighty Falls of the Ohio. The site of the freshwater Orca leaping up the Falls is utterly breathtaking! Welcome to our little planning corner of the inter webs. I look forward to seeing you around, zurbanist!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Greetings from the hippie, Volvo, and wine capital of New York State!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Welcome from Michigan!
You're a Cyburbian legacy! Ursus, just show him the secret handshake already .

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
Welcome Zurbs! (status update: Zurbs is at the counter dealing with the morning's first member of the uninformed masses...God bless him). Also, wait: we have a secret handshake nobody taught me??!?!!!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Ursus, you should consider presiding/subjecting Zurbs to an inquisition in the FAC.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Welcome from the Land of LeBron James.

We make alot of candles in my City. Want some.

And sorry for having to work with ursus. I've heard he's 'difficult'. ;)

zurbanist

I realize it took me so long to respond to all this, thank you for the warm welcome! Ursus is the best guy! I am often dealing with the masses though I like punishment. haha.

Top Bottom