• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

I have trouble understanding people who don't like:

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Indian Givers. No, I take that back.

I'm having trouble understanding why people don't like public nudity.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Me!

Plus pork BBQ with mustard sauce (I understand you if you're kosher)

Last edited:

jordanb

Cyburbian
Chet wrote:
I'm having trouble understanding why people don't like public nudity.
Next time you're out, try to imagine the people around you nude. The sad fact is that most people don't have any business being nude in public, and the one in ten nude people who do (or fewer) generally don't make it worthwhile (I get this emperically from people who have experienced nude parks in Europe).

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
jordanb said:
Next time you're out, try to imagine the people around you nude. The sad fact is that most people don't have any business being nude in public, and the one in ten nude people who do (or fewer) generally don't make it worthwhile (I get this emperically from people who have experienced nude parks in Europe).
I'd bet that those fat nude people don't give a crap what you think about how they look or they wouldn't do it.

nerudite

Cyburbian
SGB said:
to vote in a democratic election.
I'll second this... my boyfriend has never voted, and it bugs me whenever I think about it (which isn't too often, luckily!)...

Jeff

Cyburbian
To share the roads with bikes ...

.... or why they look at me strange when I throw water bottles at them after they almost hit me.

BKM

Cyburbian
In defense of Jordanb, I actually agree with him. You don't want to see ME, for example, striding around in the buff.

Otherwise, I'll second Surrealistic Pillow (Jefferson Airplane ruled!), and sushi, and I'll add:

Dogs!

Thai-style chili fish sauce

Chocolate, and

A good dark, chocolatey stout.

JNL

Cyburbian
I concur about children and chocolate, and I'd like to add:

music

I knew a woman who said she didn't enjoy listening to music, period. I just can't get my mind round that as music is so important to me.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
California. Fifth largest economy in the world. Birth place of high-tech. It's a long list.

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
Whose to say who has business being nude? You could say the same about ugly people-maybe they shouldn't show their faces in public? Just becuase YOU'RE not attracted to a certain type doesn't mean that they "don't have any business" doing something they enjoy.

Being nude in public rarely has sexual connotations. The sex is all in your head.

Anyway....
I have trouble understanding people who:
hit/spank their children in public places, or at all.

Habanero

Cyburbian
wine and cheese. Someone looked at me like I was crazy for suggesting a wine and cheese party. *YUM*

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I'll agree with almost everybody here. Except (sort of) RichmondJake. California is a love/hate kind of place.

Mendelman - Is that a Ford Country Squire? Sweet!

Habanero - I have a couple wines picked out, and I'll bring some fine Wisconsin cheese. When is the party?

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Jessie-J said:
I have trouble understanding people who:
hit/spank their children in public places, or at all.
I agree, yet I have an even harder time understanding crappy parents who refuse to ever discipline their kids. My girlfriend and I were dining at a local bar/restaurant that caters to the adult crowd. All throughout dinner we had to deal with these kids running around, bumping our chairs, standing on their chairs, jumping off chairs, throwing food on the floor, etc. Not once did the mom, dad, or grandparents say anything...and why they brought their kids to this place is beyond me.

I have a hard time understanding people who insist on bringing their pets everywhere they go. Why anyone has to bring their dog to the grocery store or a restaurant and leave them in the car is beyond me.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Michael Stumpf said:
Mendelman - Is that a Ford Country Squire? Sweet!
If you want one let me know. We are in the process of buying a 140 acres for conservancy, and there are over two dozen Country Squires scattered around the property. I'm sure the estate reps would be happy if they were gone (and so would I).

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
-people who don't like kids ;)
-people that don't wear wedding rings or that aren't married by the (catholic)church.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
RichmondJake - Why yes, they are California wines. I thought perhaps a Duckhorn Cabernet-Merlot blend and a Franke Chardonney. Perhaps a St. Supery Muscato would add nicely.

Chet - Is there a 1970 wagon with a 351 Cleveland in the mix?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Michael Stumpf said:
Chet - Is there a 1970 wagon with a 351 Cleveland in the mix?
The odds are in your favor. There are more Ford wagons there than at Zimbrick

Habanero

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
-people who don't like kids ;)
-people that don't wear wedding rings or that aren't married by the (catholic)church.
wait, what if I'm not Catholic?

oulevin

Cyburbian
Seinfeld

Seinfeld, truth, truth, Seinfeld
That is all
That is all I know
That is all ye need to know

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
habaneros.

they're hot and occassionally bring a tear to your eye ;)

donk

Cyburbian
beer
wool sweaters
reading
bikes

as for public nudity how about this news story. Don't worry it is work safe and fortunately there are no pictures.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
I dont understand peope who dont like:

sex

come on we all know someone like that and it baffles me

Jen

Cyburbian
zoo plankton mmmm

I have trouble understanding people who don't like the ocean. Give me stinging refreshing salty ocean water over murky slimy lake water most any day.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Rich Townsend said:
From the Piggy Palace?
From Maurice's Piggy Park BBQ in Columbia, SC. I used to buy a case of his Carolina Gold mustard BBQ sauce every time I drove through but I haven't had any since Maurice showed himself to be a neo-confederate nut-job and started flying confederate flags at his stores and slapping it on all his products. I just can't give him my money in good conscience Best damn sauce, period. I've looked for substitutes but they are hard to find down in SC, much less here in Pennsylvania.

tsc

Cyburbian
yes,,, the ocean on .. better yet.. sailing on the ocean.

but on the salty end...

Olives... all kinds,, black, green, kalamata....

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I would like to add:

-Skateboarders
-Skateboard parks
-Kevin Smith movies
-Onions
-The Onion
-Seafood