• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

I have trouble understanding people who don't like:

nerudite

Cyburbian
SGB said:
OT: What are kalamata olives?

mmmm... they are the big greek olives (usually served with the pits still in). Yummy!

Kalamata_Olives_Large_Pitted.jpg

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Stumpf: That is a Country Squire. I agree with your desire for the 351 Cleveland engined ones, but I knew someone with a '77 with a 460 CI. That thing could pull stump(f)s from the ground.

Chet: If the wagons are in useable condition, I'd definitely consider it. Can you take some pictures of the property with wagons?

On Topic: walking to the grocery store

Budgie

Cyburbian
Led Zepplin
Baseball
Beer
Fishing
George Carlin

What do you know, my wife doesn't like any of these things? HUMMMM ?!?!

- To travel anywhere
- NYC - even just to visit for a day
- To do anything by themselves
- To shut their cell phone off, EVER
- dogs - especially very well mannered dogs
- to get occasionally dirty in the name of fun
- driving with the top down because it will mess up their hair.

donk

Cyburbian
Habanero posted

I must be the only Canadian who actively dislikes hockey and has zero interest in anything to do with the game.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
donk said:
I must be the only Canadian who actively dislikes hockey and has zero interest in anything to do with the game.

Damn, there goes 99% of what I was going to talk about on Thursday. ;)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
SkeLeton said:
people that don't wear wedding rings

I hate jewelry of any kind. No watch, rings, necklace, earring, toe ring, ankle bracelet... nada.

Like a ring makes me more married...

H

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:
I hate jewelry of any kind. No watch, rings, necklace, earring, toe ring, ankle bracelet... nada.

Like a ring makes me more married...

Agreed.

I am married, but don’t wear a ring. Tried it for a month, almost went insane. Wife understands, she is awesome, that’s why I married her.

Last edited:

kms

Cyburbian
Neither my husband or I wear our wedding rings because we don't like jewelry. I don't even know where the rings are, or if I evne packed them when we moved here.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I happen to find jewelery incredibly attractive on women especially toe rings, ankle and wrist braclets, and a couple of earrings per lob (I don't find eyebrow, nose, nipple, belly button or genital piercings attractive nor most tattoos).

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Some jewelry can be attractive, if it is classy. Wedding rings are a real turn-off, though. ;)

el Guapo

Capitalist
1. Dogs
2. Guns
3. Volvos
4. Beer
5. The Autobahn
6. Station Wagons
7. Kids
8. Democracy
9. Peace through superior firepower.
10 Civility

Jeff

Cyburbian
RichmondJake said:
(I don't find eyebrow, nose, nipple, belly button or genital piercings attractive nor most tattoos).

You can't be considered a hot chick without your belly button pierced...Prudence back me up.

Of course, the belly can't be hangin over the belt either.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mike D. said:
You can't be considered a hot chick without your belly button pierced...Prudence back me up.

He can't. He's been on a week long bender in the Dominican Republic with the missus.

biscuit

Cyburbian
boiker said:
We are the aqua teens!

woo.. adult swim is da bomb.

Make the homies say Woooh
Make the gilries wanna scream
Number 1 in the hood G!

I'm usually tired on Monday mornings because I have to stay up and watch Adult Swim.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Return to topic

I have trouble understanding people who don't like:

... at least SOME kind of ethnic food
... peace & quiet once in awhile
... animals (whether or not they have a pet)
... reading for pleasure
... music

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
to roll down their car windows, or open their home/apartment windows on a beautiful gorgeous day.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
donk said:
I know this is OT, but I first posted the news item in this thread, the thong wearing cyclist from sna antonio has died.

http://news.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?xla=saen&xlb=180&xlc=1016110&xld=180

OK this is not how I want to be eulogized (from the article):Earlier this month, however, he was arrested for stripping down to a sack. While Gottschalk’s thong had covered body parts required by law, the tan bag he was wearing did not meet that legal standard, according to a police report.

LouisvilleSlugger

Cyburbian
I heard about this guy!!!!! and then I heard he was found dead...wow...amazing!!! at first I thought someone wacked him but I suppose it looks like an ancident, but then again thats how a lot of these type of things are made out to be...hmm. I can't see why anyone would want to hurt this guy..he seemed harmless from what I've read.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
inspired by donk

I must be one of the few, in Indiana who actively don't follow nor care about
IU basketball
ND football - go BUFFS
brain sandwiches

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I guess a sandwich with cow brains... or any kind of brains....

Braaaaaaaaaains :D now that's a lovely zombie-ish habit :p

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Skel - you're so right
they are either breaded and fried or scrambled with eggs

SGB

Cyburbian
...the villages that are/were/could be the heart and soul of their town.

I'm reviewing a draft comprehensive plan for a town of 3400 people. All of their demographic analysis excludes the Village population - which is a mere 40% of the total Town population.

Hello?!? McFly?!?!

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
SGB said:
...the villages that are/were/could be the heart and soul of their town.

I'm reviewing a draft comprehensive plan for a town of 3400 people. All of their demographic analysis excludes the Village population - which is a mere 40% of the total Town population.

Hello?!? McFly?!?!

Only in New York. ;)

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
...to relax and just hang out. Too many people these days need to be "doing something" to feel fulfilled in the moment...just chill out and relax for a minute, it won't hurt you.

nerudite said:
...my boyfriend has never voted, and it bugs me whenever I think about it (which isn't too often, luckily!)...

Au contraire! It's not that I don't like to vote...that statement is way off. All the time I was growing up, my father complained emphatically about the politicians in office no matter the party, so that I eventually started tuning out any type of political discussion. These days, it's pretty much just the momentum of that attitude that keeps me from taking much interest. I'm happy for the most part about how my country (Canada) is run. If that changes, I'll do something about it.

Rem

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
Looks like he's found some of the old posts... busted! ;)
Man are you going to have some explaining to do if he finds that old thread about former boy/girl friends.