• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

I just don't know what to say about this

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
WTF??????

Okay I had a thought.... Our freaking coffee is so overpriced that we now offer an alternate payment method, (and we now make interest income off of your habit)

donk

Cyburbian
Those must be some expensive lattes.

Tim's is one of the few places I know that is cash only and proud of it. (Global Cheese is another)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
[coffe shakes] w-w-w-where do I s-s-s-sign up? Tell me. NOW! [/coffee shakes]

I suppose it would be cool if it were a Wal-Mart card? ;)

el Guapo

Capitalist
I'd say, "I'll have a soy, grande, double shot, sugar-free hazellnut please, and charge it on this my good man. Oh, and are those biscotti fresh? Ok then, an almond then please." :)

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Tranplanner said:
[coffe shakes] w-w-w-where do I s-s-s-sign up? Tell me. NOW! [/coffee shakes]

I suppose it would be cool if it were a Wal-Mart card? ;)
At least you get $.03 off your gasoline purchase with your wal-mart card! ;-)

el Guapo

Capitalist
giff57 said:
[Unnamed Poster] Just further proof of my point that Wal Mart is a high chi-squared factor causal agent of the Greatest of All Satans(TM): SPRAWL. Here is my disertation I wrote in grad school where I didn't have a TV or car, and life was good....[/Unnamed Poster]

Now if they gave 30 cents off of lattes, that would be another story.

donk

Cyburbian
giff57 said:
Now that changes my mind about them. Next you'll tell me of all of their charity in teh community and how by saving me money they are improving our standards of living. ;)

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
donk said:
Now that changes my mind about them. Next you'll tell me of all of their charity in teh community and how by saving me money they are improving our standards of living. ;)
Hell yeah, you can bet that sometime tomorrow I'll be there with my gift card in hand saving my $.36 on 12 gallons of gas.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
el Guapo said:
Now if they gave 30 cents off of lattes, that would be another story.
It appears that you do get Starbucksincentives to use the card - and it is a cross between a credit card and a pre-paid coffee card. Interest rate sucks though.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I don't need a Starbucks card. I went into my usual locally-owned, organic, shade-grown, free-trade coffee shop yesterday (across from Starbucks) and they gave me my decaf, skim, vanilla cap on the house.

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
I don't need a Starbucks card. I went into my usual locally-owned, organic, shade-grown, free-trade coffee shop yesterday (across from Starbucks) and they gave me my decaf, skim, vanilla cap on the house.
i don't even know where to find one of those in this town...but i did get a starbucks giftcard from my gf :)

Now playing: Bing Crosby, I'll be home for Christmas.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Mmmmmm.... Staaaarbucks. Give it to me via IV.

I think I'm going to hop in my Expedition and head to the Starbucks across the street.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Tranplanner said:
I suppose it would be cool if it were a Wal-Mart card?
And thus, Sam's Law is invoked in just four posts ... in a message about Starbucks, nonetheless. As the Brits would say, brilliant! :w:

ludes98

Cyburbian
Jeff said:
I think I'm going to hop in my Expedition and head to the Starbucks across the street.
Very funny.

I just don't get the Starbucks craze. We have two people in our office that go on a daily walk to get their fix of $5 cup of coffee.

Nice to see that the law of Sam applied in this thread....

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
i do have this to say about the SB...

most indie coffee houses charge about the same for coffee as starbucks. my gripe with the indies is that an espresso drink is NEVER consistent. i never know if a mocha will be chocolatey or coffee-ey. SB, b/c everything is regulated to a recipie, is consistent. i am actually impressed by thier staff training program...i worked at a small coffee shop in college and i spent maybe an hour learning how to steam milk and make drinks.