• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

I know...no Onion posts...but this was too good not to not mention...

el Guapo

Capitalist
Alderman Has That Zoning Dream Again
AMES, IA—Fourth District Alderman Frank Pelson, 47, awoke with a start Monday night, interrupting his recurring zoning dream. "It was the third night in a row," Pelson said. "I'm sitting at my desk, drafting my proposal for the construction of a municipal pool near Franklin Park, when my inbox is besieged with angry petitions from residents who object to the traffic that the public recreational facility would generate." Pelson said the dream always ends the same way, with him experiencing the sensation of falling out of his office chair into a 60 percent business, 40 percent residential abyss.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
I think those at the Onion secretly lurk here for ideas.

They like to pick the Throbbing Brain of Cyburbia

Last edited:

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Seabishop said:
I think it was more of a Freudian Slip. ;)
I don't need to know those kind of thoughts that Cardinal may be having for other unnamed (to protect the innocent) cyburbians.:-@8-!;-)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Tranplanner said:
LOL - guess we'll find out for sure at the upcoming Laefest!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!