• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

I need a new avatar...

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I have had the same Red Wings avatar for almost a year now (since I started posting)

Now it is time to move on. This is a challenge to all "residents" of Cyburbia, I am looking for something that has to do with skiing or snowboarding...

I will pick the best one and that will be my avatar for the next year (other than Hockey playoffs... then I have to go back to the wings for a short time)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
A google image search with any of those terms will probably give you tons of images... mabye you could start there :)

donk

Cyburbian
How is this one? it could even be you.

It needs to be resized

JNL

Cyburbian
Here you go michaelskis, a polar bear on skis in a snowstorm:

:-D

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member

Something to do with snowboarding? Easy ...

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I see in another thread that you've been working out a lot, so... how about using your submittal for the Men of Cyburbia Calendar?? Just a thought... ;-)

Rem

Cyburbian
Keeping with the skiing theme, just a thought. Remember I'm from a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains ....

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
so... how about using your submittal for the Men of Cyburbia Calendar?? Just a thought... ;-)
Hmm, maybe this summer, I might have to send a few photo's... It sounds like I am going be joining a summer volleyball league. ;-)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
Hmm, maybe this summer, I might have to send a few photo's... It sounds like I am going be joining a summer volleyball league. ;-)
heheheheh (evil laugh)....yes, post (oooh, with a tan) and challenge the other Men of Cyburbia.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Budgie said:
Hey, is that Ernie the Eagle. How about Ernie's face be MichaelSkis next avatar.
Nah, that ain't Ernie. That is Jim "Moose" Barrows, member of the Colorado Ski Hall of Fame falling during competition at Grenoble France, 1968. (Thanks, Google...;-)

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Thank you to all that gave me ideas... but I took Skel's advice and got google happy. I did not find anything, so I got yahoo happy... and this came up!!!