• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

I NEED HELP!!!... Anyone know anything about stretched-skin and cable net structures?

Jasonhouse

I have a design project in this semester's structures class, where I have to design a functional stretched-skin or cable net structure (to enclose a sizable courtyard) and I have a whopping two weeks to do it... This means that I have to learn ALOT about these systems very, very quickly, so that I may then have the time to actually formulate a concept, design the structure, and create my presentation. HELP!

Does ANYONE know anything about these structural systems, and where I may find online resources that visually depict the different types of stretched-skin or cable net systems available, and may also provide details/sections, etc of thier design?

Anyone?