• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

I yield my time to....

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
I wish we spoke like that more often when having meetings...

"I yield to the gentleman who looks like he didn't try this morning. May he continue to not care about the judgement that is surely coming to him. May his ideas be better than his effort."

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
I yield my time to Karen, who clearly believes she has a better idea then me, but won't say it unless I ask her directly. Karen, please let us know how we suck and why your idea is much stronger.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Who knows, maybe Karen will show up with some great idea that's better than theirs.
Just make sure you validate her concerns. Karen won't have it if you don't validate her concerns.... ;)

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Moderator note:

split from RTDNTOTO

I yield my time to the gentleman who has stood up in preparation to approach the podium no less than five times only to have someone else get there first to speak and then have to sit down again.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I yield my time to the lady who apparently couldn't get a sitter and brought her two preschoolers with her tonight that have been impatiently whining out loud for the past two agenda items.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
I fully intended to use every bit of my time during this very important hearing on this 1 foot fence height variance, but I misplaced my notes at home and I now intend to recite my position from memory. If I go over my time...too bad....suck it. My truth is important.

I yield my time to the lady now approaching the podium who is clutching her Magical Zoning Amulet.
I yield my remaining 3 minutes to the lady now approaching the podium clutching a copy of the zoning ordinance that is 16 years out of date.

Last edited:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I will not yield any time to that jackhole in the third row back that keeps making comments from the peanut gallery and clapping and cheering every time someone expresses a highly uninformed criticism of city government.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
I yield my remaining time to my mom who really deserves to be heard after all the crap she's been through recently with my grandmother dying, then dad abandoning her and us 8 kids and our house burning down the next year, luckily with grandma dying we could move into her house which was smaller, but we made do although there were rats in the basement and bats in the attic and mold in the bathrooms and kitchen and a surprise delinquent tax bill that was really tough right off the bat so my two sisters and I had to get a job while still in high school and we barely made it to graduation then mom had to deal with our younger brothers falling into a bad group of kids in the neighborhood as the house wasn't in the best neighborhood with lots of rentals and those people, but they were generally nice but some parents just couldn't handle their kids and mom had to testify against James in the arson trial as he had said he was with mom which mom couldn't support and had to choose between the safety and security of my siblings and James' jail time which the legal aid lawyer said he could likely get out early on good behavior though we all knew that was a joke, but still she's had it rough, so please listen closely as she can ramble a bit and really has difficulty talking in public and using a microphone.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
I yield my remaining time to my mom who really deserves to be heard after all the crap she's been through recently with my grandmother dying, then dad abandoning her and us 8 kids and our house burning down the next year, luckily with grandma dying we could move into her house which was smaller, but we made do although there were rats in the basement and bats in the attic and mold in the bathrooms and kitchen and a surprise delinquent tax bill that was really tough right off the bat so my two sisters and I had to get a job while still in high school and we barely made it to graduation then mom had to deal with our younger brothers falling into a bad group of kids in the neighborhood as the house wasn't in the best neighborhood with lots of rentals and those people, but they were generally nice but some parents just couldn't handle their kids and mom had to testify against James in the arson trial as he had said he was with mom which mom couldn't support and had to choose between the safety and security of my siblings and James' jail time which the legal aid lawyer said he could likely get out early on good behavior though we all knew that was a joke, but still she's had it rough, so please listen closely as she can ramble a bit and really has difficulty talking in public and using a microphone.
You forgot her emotional support dog

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
I yield my time to the children. Because only they can prevent forest fires.

I also yield my time to the guy in the third row who clearly doesn't want to talk, but came. I mean why are you back there sir if you don't want to talk? I require you to speak with my yielded time.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
I yield my time to ole Jim Bugle...because he's great entertainment.

DVD

Cyburbian
I yield my time to the lady discussing her 50 cal rifle in an attempt to intimidate the lowly government officials (happens to be same as the trash liner lady). No, wait, I'll yield my time to the transportation planner who is asking questions about the make and model of the 50 cal rifle which has thrown the lady off guard - because why would a lowly government official be into guns?

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I yield back the balance of my time to the developer who will explain the project will not impact traffic on the surrounding neighborhood due to internal capture.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
I yield my time to Jessica so she can read a poem she wrote on how the proceedings have triggered her

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Close the thread. FM just won!
Sorry...nope. The public must continue to be heard. You're just trying to stifle democracy.

Therefore, I yield my remaining time to this guy with a PhD in English Lit. to school you 30 year current planning vet on "How to Apply the Zoning Code".

Faust_Motel

Cyburbian
Yes that was the best answer ever @Faust_Motel - still laughing
Based on a True Story.

Sorry...nope. The public must continue to be heard. You're just trying to stifle democracy.

Therefore, I yield my remaining time to this guy with a PhD in English Lit. to school you 30 year current planning vet on "How to Apply the Zoning Code".
The public must not be stifled! Let the man with the elbow patches speak!

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
I yield the remainder of my time to the woman from the other side of the city, without any semblance of standing, and who will regale us with a compelling conspiracy theory involving the affordable housing developer and buckets of cash (mostly non-sequential 50s and 100s).

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
I yield my remaining time to Steve, so that he can repeat almost exactly what I said, but in a slightly higher register voice.

Faust_Motel

Cyburbian
I yield my time to the gentleman who wishes to discuss the fluoridation of the public water supply.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I yield my time to the gentleman who is reportedly a veteran whose patriotic and impassioned views on the matter will therefore trump anything logical the city has to say.