• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

I yield my time to....

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Therefore, I yield my remaining time to this guy with a PhD in English Lit. to school you 30 year current planning vet on "How to Apply the Zoning Code".
College towns are a beyotch! Everyone with a degree in, well, whatever, knows more than you do. I truly feel sorry for Dan or anyone else who works in a place like Davis, CA or Cambridge, MA

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
Yeah the sheer fact that they are there means they found out about the hearing in enough time. Btw, this is one of the reasons we post a sign on the property in the petition. However so primitive, signs are one of the most effective forms of notice.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
I yield my time to the lady who knows her time is up, but she has just one more thing to say. I can only imagine we all need to hear it.

Faust_Motel

Cyburbian
I yield my time to the guy who wishes to interrogate the applicant directly and refuses to ask his questions through the chair.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Y'all are funny...

We had this happen at a meeting a couple of years back. We had something like 40 members of the public sign up to give comment on an agenda item and each of them would be granted 3 minutes to speak their mind. The first guy got up and before the timer started, he requested a procedural determination and indicated that the other 39 are going to yield their time to him and wanted to know if they could just do it at with one motion or if it had to be rolling... He actually thought he would be able to present for 2 hours in an effort to have a citizen's filibuster to prevent the Council from voting on a rezoning.

The mayor told him that he had 12 minutes and to use it wisely.

I yield my time to Carl Fredricksen. Now get off my lawn.

HomerJ

Cyburbian
I yield my time to Mother Earth, as I am blessed for the opportunity I have been given to co-exist among my fellow humans...I think if all of us could just stop, collaborate, and maybe even listen, we would realize what a gift time truly is.

And THAT is why these bike lanes do not belong on my street!

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Will you yield your time to the person that won't talk into the microphone at the podium so they can't be heard on the live stream & recording.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
I yield my time to the woman who has no knowledge of the program I run but wants to meet with me to tell me how I can do my job better.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
Oh we had a big big blowup after one of these.
Hello-conflict of interest anyone? We have our PC members sit out in the hall after they announce they have a conflict of interest. I hammer conflict of interest to my PC member especially during orientation. That will get a case overturned.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
I yield my time to those people that are doing something nice & generous for their SO on Valentines's Day.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
I yield my time to the people who fought the rezoning that passed and are now fighting the site plan

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I yield my time to the member of the public who is a professor at a nearby university, who has over 100 articles about some obscure subject that isn’t related to what we’re discussing published in peer-reviewed journals, and a CV that is longer than the paper towel roll in the men’s room, because their academic credentials certainly allows their opinions to have more weight than the combined findings and recommendations of all the reviewing staff. Also, because they just returned from sabbatical in the Galápagos Islands, while the furthest I’ve ventured from home in the past 12 months is a Cheesecake Factory in Northern Virginia.

Faust_Motel

Cyburbian
I yield my time to the man in the back who wants to know when his item is coming up on the agenda, only to realize he meant to be at city Council in the building next door and not the planning commission meeting he has been sitting through for the last two hours.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
I yield my remaining 2 minutes to Sheila who feels the 12 dwellings planned for this side of the site are going to appreciably increase the impact of the existing traffic volumes and noise on the State highway on which her property fronts.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I yield my remaining 2 minutes to Sheila who feels the 12 dwellings planned for this side of the site are going to appreciably increase the impact of the existing traffic volumes and noise on the State highway on which her property fronts.
You know, she's got a point.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I can't even get time to yield.

I have been asking a local Charter School Board what their process and procedure is regarding public comment as provided for in their bylaws. But I have received nothing but run-around for the past two months. Today I copied their attorney on my request and sited about 30 things they are in violation of when it comes to the open meetings act and their bylaws.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
I yield my time to the meeting room's AV system as it's acting up again....give me a sec...