• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Identify the Starbucks #50

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Haven't had one of these for a while. Let's see who gets it....

Cardinal

Cyburbian
The FLW-ish design is popular in the Southern Wisconsin - Northern Flatlands area. This seems to be backed up by the surrounding vegetation.

Beaner suggested a truck stop - it does have that appearance, as I think I see a canopy in the background of one shot. That would put it on an interstate highway.

There are no hills present, so that excludes most of the the Kettle Moraine region in Wisconsin. That leaves Interstate 94. It is a tollway in Illinois with a service plaza in Lake County. I have not been through it in a few years. Back then it was an old, 1960's-era building, but it may have been rebuilt. Lake County is $uburbia. You would expect to see something like this there.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
It is in a rest stop.

It is new construction.

Beaner had the right highway.

This stop has a very specific name. You gotta guess the name to win.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Bullwinkle said:
The Commodore Perry service plaze on the Ohio Turnpike.
We have a Winner!

Its in Sandusky County Between Exits 91 and 110.
Milepost 100.0 - Eastbound

Here's your gift:

Bullwinkle

Cyburbian
Thanks!

Thanks for the prize! I've never been to a Starbucks in my life, and I don't plan to, so this might be as close as I'll ever get.