• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Identify Your College Drinking Game

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Christine mentioned spin the bottle in the Never Ending Thread and it got me thinking about it - go ahead and post yours:

Mine: Sink the Ship.
Requires: Copious amounts of beer, a 16 oz. plastic cup for each person, and an extra 16 oz cup.
Set Up: place the pitcher of beer in the center of the group. Taking the extra 16 oz .cup, fill approx 2/3 full with beer and submerse in the pitcher which of course is full of beer. This is "the ship".
The Routine: Each person takes a turn (clockwise or counter clockwise at your discretion) pouring a little - or a lot - of beer into the cup. The remaining 16 oz. cups are for your enjoyment while you patiently wait your turn.
The Object: There are two. (1) Dont sink the ship! If you sink the ship, you must remove the cup from the pitcher and slam 'er down. (2) Get really drunk!

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Most of mine are pretty dumb, but you do crazy stuff when drinking...

Truth and Dare is in there somewhere. Spin the bottle, 7 Minutes in Heaven. God these sound dumb......

Repo Man

Cyburbian
We played whatever came to mind. 3-man, A**-hole, a drinking version of Sorry! Oh and every once in a while we busted out a game of "Drink" It is kind of like the card game "War" You and 1 or 2 friends would grab a stack of cards and whoever flipped the lowest card had to drink. As you can imagine, you got messed up real quick.

Every year or so we would do the 100-shot club - 100 shots of beer, 1 shot a minute.

SGB

Cyburbian
Beer checkers:

Dining hall glasses filled 1/2 with beer, full for kings on a custom made board.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Just edited last post to include Seven Minutes In Heaven, Truth and Dare, and Spin the Bottle.

Why does it seem these are all revolving around sex?

Hmmm, let me think..... OK, here's one that doesn't. Each person is assigned a vegetable name. I'll be squash. I say "I'm Squash Squash and I'm looking for Lettuce Lettuce (or some other vegetable that is there)". Then whoever is lettuce says "I'm lettuce lettuce, and I'm looking for..." You get my point. Thing is, no one can show their teeth, and if they do they drink. I'm so embarrassed - how dumb is this??? It's actually kind of funny AFTER you've been drinking for awhile and it's actually pretty hard to do... ((everyone now try it in the privacy of their office))

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
This thread is right up my alley and in no particular order:

1. Chandeliers
2. Fuzzy Duck
3. Flip the Cup
4. Chase Quarters
5. Pennies
6. Mexican
7. Three Man
8. Up the River Down the River
9. Sink the Ship
10. One Up One Down

I will only explain the above by request.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
SW MI Planner said:
Hmmm, let me think..... OK, here's one that doesn't. Each person is assigned a vegetable name. I'll be squash. I say "I'm Squash Squash and I'm looking for Lettuce Lettuce (or some other vegetable that is there)". Then whoever is lettuce says "I'm lettuce lettuce, and I'm looking for..." You get my point. Thing is, no one can show their teeth, and if they do they drink. I'm so embarrassed - how dumb is this??? It's actually kind of funny AFTER you've been drinking for awhile and it's actually pretty hard to do... ((everyone now try it in the privacy of their office))
I LOVED THAT GAME! Rudabega is hard to do without showing teeth.

JNL

Cyburbian
Cod - a card game where all the cards have meanings:
- for 3-6 you get to nominate people to drink, and you can split a 4 between 4 people, or make one person drink 4 times,
- a number (i forget which one) is a p*ss card and you can't visit the bathroom unless you have one
- King is quizmaster and the person who is quiz master can ask you questions but if you reply with anything other than f-off you have a penalty drink
- Queen? is chin master and when the chin master puts their thumb on a part of their body everyone has to do it and the last one to do it has to drink
- and a really nasty one is the waterfall card (Jack?) when the person who turns it over starts drinking, then the person next to them starts, continuing round the circle like a mexican wave, and you can't stop until the first person stops, and then you must stop in sequence.
There are heaps of penalties too like 'pinky on the vessel' - if you're caught with your pinky finger on the vessel you must take a penalty drink.

Last time I played this (last year) I was drinking wine. A very, very bad idea.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Ummmmm....

Beer Pong and Flip Cup. Are there any others?

Truth & Dare, Spin the Bottle, 7 minutes... in college??? That's like 4th grade material nowadays...

Habanero

Cyburbian
I played a variation of JNL's game- Queen was for Questions- you have to keep asking questions- if you answer or don't ask a question within 5 seconds you drink. Kings were for categories- so if you said types of cars you have to keep going around until someone couldn't think of a car brand.

That silly thumb game. Something about a bus driver- some card game and I ended up drinking the contents of a huge Rossi Sangria bottle, about a gallon. Still can't drink that stuff.

Oh, here's a hockey game: Chug entire mug per goal, half mug for every shot on goal or penalty.

Runner

Cyburbian
Bullshit!

Everyone selects a name: <some animal but can't be a bull> shit

Then the game begins with one player stating:
"The queen of whores has lost her drawers and only:
the name of a player (ex. Batshit) knows where to find them."

Batshit must now immediately respond
"Bullshit"

Original player:
"Who shit"

Batshit:
Gives name of another player:
(ex. Catshit)

Catshit now responds:
"Bullshit"

And it goes on...

When someone does not respond immediately or can't name another player quickly they must drink.

Oh, and you can't point with a finger (danger of poking out an eye) if you do point with a finger you must drink too. You are required to point with an elbow.

As the game goes on more and more mistakes are made, reactions slow, or pointing at someone else who made an error occurs and the drinks flow.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Hmmm...

Star Trek. I went to uni at the height of the TNG craze. You each picked a character, and had to drink whenever they said one of their trademark lines...e.g. Picard, "Make it So", etc. Everyone had to drink when the expendable crew member was killed, or some other thing like that happened.

We used to play a card game too, but I can't remember how it went

Chequers - one team would be beer shots, the other spirits. If you jumped a piece, you had to chug the piece that you jumped. Basically, if you "won" the game - you lost.

Umm...very un-PC, when I was in the reserves, we played a game called "Indian". It sounds a lot like the $hit game mentioned earlier, only it was played with sounds. Each player adopted a set of "thumps" on the table as their callsign (e.g. three knocks, a pound and a knock, etc.).

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Here is a simple one

When the AC/DC song Have a Drink on Me plays, you have to drink when that line is sung......

donk

Cyburbian
Scar face,

watch the movie, and everytime a character says F**k drink. it is alot of drinking

Also played three man, red /black, give one take one and some weird card game where the cards are layed out like a pyramid and each card makes you do something and the centruy club of course. I was only ever able to make it 73 shots of beer though.

EG there is a carbon fiber blender with a lawnmore engine available too.

Last edited:

jmf

Cyburbian
Other people played caps, I was never any good at it.

I know we played one with cards, give one, take one. I can't remember the details but everyone had ?? cards and the dealer deal from the remainder saying "give one; take one; give two; take two" and if you had that card in your hand you would either take a drink or make someone else take a drink (or two).

Now, I will be the first to say that me and alcohol have quite the long history between us, and i like to believe that after we broke up, we've stayed casual friends. and alcohol and i have played most of the games listed above, but i think that if i ever again played a drinking game with alcohol, it might ruin our relationship forever, i'm that lame now. sigh.

Jeff

Cyburbian
KMateja said:
Now, I will be the first to say that me and alcohol have quite the long history between us, and i like to believe that after we broke up, we've stayed casual friends. and alcohol and i have played most of the games listed above, but i think that if i ever again played a drinking game with alcohol, it might ruin our relationship forever, i'm that lame now. sigh.
Wuss....I hear the bathroom floor calling....