• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Identify Your FAVORITE Office Toy!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mine is "Death Row Marv"

He's a character from the Sin City comic. This particular figure is him in an electric chair, all strapped in. You get to throw the switch and execute him!

When you do, he shakes violently, his eyes light up red, and he roars an EVIL laugh (you know, the "Buhhhhooaaahhhhhh HA HA HA kind). Then as he stops shaking, he shouts, "Is that all you got?? YOU PANSY!"

Attachments

El Feo

Cyburbian
Katita

Low-tech kinetic toy fun! Just wind it up, let go, and watch the frenetic spring-coil dance.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
She was a petite brunette with beautiful brown eyes. Hours of fun, in and out of the office.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Pull My Finger Fred

Go ahead - pull Fred's finger and laugh yourself into oblivion as he shakes, farts and then follows his farting with one of 10 hilarious phrases. Fred is a 6-inch stuffed toy character sitting in a green easy chair, and he's waiting to provide many hours of amusement for your friends and family!

Attachments

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I have one of these on top of my computer monitor. I still have to bring most of my toys in; there's not enough room in this office.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I have many office toys... I usually only put out a few at a time, and then change them out as people become bored with them. I guess I treat my co-workers like children, but it seems to work...

My favorite office toy is the magic eight-ball. People will stand there forever and ask it questions (work related or otherwise)... or I can silently ask it questions when I'm on the phone, such as "when will this guy on the phone shut up"? Eight-ball response, "Concentrate and ask again." Grrr. "Doh! Whew I didn't say that outloud..."

You get the drift...

Attachments

I have an affinity for those foam, stress squeezie toys. I have one shaped like an airplane and another like a bus that I picked up at the Parsons Brinckerhoff tables during the APA conference. I have one that looks like a globe and when I'm really stressed, I squeeze it while repeating "the whole world is in MY hands!!!" Yeah I know it's corny, but it gets me through. :)

Habanero

Cyburbian
Toys-

I've got a medium sized Gumby doll, a slinky, one of those popping ice cream cones (in my drawer), and silly putty. Silly putty has saved lives and not caused me to go beserk on co-workers.. I love the stuff-

prudence

Cyburbian
Thank you Taco Bell...

The Tick

I got this at Taco Bell when I was in graduate school...I think it was 2am and it was the only place open.

I was so sad when they cancelled The Tick cartoon, not the Patrick Warburton show. Along with Eekstravaganza (by Steve Savage, director of Better off Dead), The Tick was one of the best cartoons ever.

statler

Cyburbian
I could do Tick quotes all day... for now though:

"I hate broccoli, and yet, in a certain sense, I am broccoli."

prudence

Cyburbian
Wow.

The collective intelligence of the Cyburbia brain is astounding. Such recollection of past pop culture.

GOLD STARS FOR ALL MY FRIENDS!!!

Habanero

Cyburbian
*sniff sniff*

Gosh.. I.. I.. I don't know who to thank first.. This award means so much to me... Uhhh... I want to thank my producer, my agent, God above... My Mom, for all of her planning wisdom... and my fellow Cyburbanites, for keeping the sanity...

oh, wait.. wrong situation...

What's scary about that image, is that looks mysteriously like BTurks desk... Haven't we seen something like that before? Oh! Horror of horrors! You've switched from Lubriderm!