• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Identify Your Fish

Identify Your Fish

• Jesus Fish - God is My Co-Pilot

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Darwin Fish - PHFFFFFFFT!

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Alien Fish - Becasue G*d is Humorless

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I hate all fish

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • I have an entirely different fish I would like to tell you about...

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Driving home last night, I saw a jesus fish eating a darwin fish, and I got to thinking, WWCD ("What Would Cyburbanites Do"?

If you need help identifying your fish, look here for "complete taxonomy":

http://www.meangene.com/darwin/

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I guess this is mine.

Spam fish wasn't an option.

Stylish Moderator Hat On:
Changed "I hate an entirely different fish I want to tell you about"

Moderate Hat off - flung high into the air a la "That Girl"

I'm a Darwin Fish girl - I'd never seen a Jesus fish on a car until we moved to South Carolina. Even better than the Jesus Fish eating the Darwin Fish is when the feasting Jesus Fish has "TRUTH" written on it. *eye roll*

nerudite

Cyburbian
Hahaha... I like the rasta fish... although according to the descriptions, since I worship black I should like this one:

El Feo

Cyburbian
When my wife - a Massachusetts native - moved to South Carolina, she was surprised at how many people had been to the New England Aquarium...

El Feo - my favorite South Carolina car decoration was the bumper sticker that read - "Kids - You can't beat 'em." Rob always thought it was so crazy we lived in a state that felt child abuse could be prevented with a catchy bumper sticker campaign.

El Feo

Cyburbian
Oh, man, I'd forgotten those! I have to tell you, though, the state "borrowed" the campaign from Hawaii, if you can believe it. Maybe it's something in the salt air that makes you want to smack your kids around.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I really do have an alien fish!

Meanwhile, I bet the folks in SC altered the bumper sticker quite a bit. "KIDS - BEAT 'EM!"

I consider myself UU, although I never formally signed a membership book. I don't care what kind of fish you eat, or even if you don't eat fish ... just don't force-feed it to me.

I love the U U's. We were married in the First Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Albany - they were just so laid back and relaxed about what we wanted to do with our ceremony. I think they would have let us sacrifice live chickens, had we asked.

Nah - the Times Useless wouldn't cover it, as it would be local news, which everyone knows won't make the paper unless it involves giving crack to prostitutes or locating a new middle school in a park.

geog - i know. it really seems to me that if we're going to try and attract residents back to the city, we have to deal with updating existing and constructing new facilities. I'm on your side on that one!

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
oops...i think we hijacked this thread (or maybe it was only me)...let me get back on track here with my other fish:

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
GeogPlanner said:
oops...i think we hijacked this thread (or maybe it was only me)...let me get back on track here with my other fish:
Nice cover.

Tom R

Cyburbian
fish

I'll stick with small mouth bass with an occasional northern pike if I get lucky.

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
Dan said:
I consider myself UU, although I never formally signed a membership book. I don't care what kind of fish you eat, or even if you don't eat fish ... just don't force-feed it to me.
I am considering becoming a full on UU. I attend, but I'm not ready to pay the contributions yet.

Runner

Cyburbian
I'm partial to salmon although a good blackened yellow fin tuna from Pappadeaux is mighty good too.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
The evolution... like the dinosaur... you've had your time, now it's our time... :p (Let's see who guesses that quote)

Oh well I like the scientific method, too bad religion doesn't stand in the same spot. I find the idea of evolution much more rational than a spontaneous creation by some god....

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
correct the quote is from the Matrix, and no, I didn't want to make it hard... but what the hell :p

H

Cyburbian
JNA said:
I like the "Dinner" or " 'N Chips" fish emblems. :-D
I hear ya. I wonder if they make one of those dealies that reads, "AUCE"

-that is "All Yo(u) Care to Eat", for the non-florida crackers on board. :-D

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Moderator note:

dead thread from the past.....

closed