• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

If you drive an SUV you support the Terrorists!

The Irish One

A bit OT -but not really

I still feel sorry for Ariana Huffington and the kids, with her hubby taking of with his boyfriend and all that mess.

BKM

Cyburbian
I don't know. I kinda think its funny. . .right wing fruitcake turns out to actually be a

Well, never mind. (And, I know it was very tragic for her and her children. I'm not completely heartless)

I enjoy Arianna's columns since she has "seen the light." And, while it is silly to make these kinds of claims (outside of a polemical columnist's rants, that is), there is a certain degree of accuracy on both sides. Drug money does support some nasty folks, and our energy gluttony helps give the Saudis plenty of money to support "religious schools" in places like Pakistan and Afghanistan. While you can take it too far, you can't deny that there is a degree of culpability. Will I be selling my car and buying a Honda Insight? Nah. So, I am guilty, too.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Re: Re: hut hut hut hut hut hut hut....

Tranplanner said:

Why does thing remind me of those really bad prototypes the US Army pumped out in the late 60s and early 70s? The projects that tried to be everything to everybody and ended up doing nothing particularly well.
Its what a high school class of ROTC cadets and welding Vo-Tech kids would come up with if they had good funding.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
how many Galons per mile does that "little baby" give,eh ?

that thing looks ridiculously big....

why can't the "bigger ain't better" mentality get in your heads!?!?! what's next a truck so big that it uses 2 lanes in the highway?

/me thinks the world should get in an institution to get off the oil addiction.... :D

Runner

Cyburbian
Re: Re: hut hut hut hut hut hut hut....

Mike DeVuono said:
I'm gonna hafta get one of those....
Me too, I want one...

So I can sell it for scrap and buy a Mini Cooper!

BKM

Cyburbian
Mini Coopers rule!

Until, that is, they are plowed into by an out-of-control H2 (God those big trucks drive horribly. I don't understand the safety claims).

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
BKM said:
I don't understand the safety claims.
Basic law of physics really. More mass vs. less mass.

H2 vs. Yugo

or

H2 vs. Peterbuilt

Very different results.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
When I was living in Denver, the most SUV saturated city in the United States, I'd come across the occasional Pinzgauer or Unimog on the road.

Pinzgauer huh? Well ...

Unimog? Whazzat?

Okay ... let me say it.

Much less
, but more patriotic because of its American roots, is the Chevrolet Bruin Fleetside ...

Remember, when you drive an Excursion, you drive with OSAMA!

el Guapo

Capitalist
Speak of the Devil.

I drove a Unimog (SEE Vehicle) throught the breach into Iraq at the start of of the groundwar (Desert Storm I) . It was our special purpose vehicle. It had a backhoe, bucket loader and cool hydraulics. I filled the glove box with hand grenades. Luckily I got to hand it off to a private the next day to drive. Then I got me a HUMMER! Now as I bask in pure RUGGEDness I need a smoke!