• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

If you were a land use what would you be....

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Institutional. I think this goes for most Cyburbians. Do I really need to explain?

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
Institutional. I think this goes for most Cyburbians. Do I really need to explain?
haha. You funny (but uncannily correct, too!). I guess I could say Recreation but that would be misleading and give the goddesses a bad name. ;-)

I guess I'll go with LDR, Low Density Residential, because I'm short and somewhat of a homebody.

H

Cyburbian
HIC

High Impact Commercial

It just sounds the coolest. ;)

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
I think Suburban Estates would be good for me. Rural like, yet, in an urban setting.

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
I would be a special use or zoned for "restaurant/entertainment" district.

Somewhere in the seedy industrial area of town where nobody (city officials) cares if there is loud obnoxious music and an odd crowd at 4:00 am! :-D

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Those of you that are married with children have

Use and Development Commitments or Covenants.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Definitely a brownfield redevelopment.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Legal non-conforming - I just can't seem to fit in with what the "Man" wants me to be, and I don't intend on changing any time soon. :-D

Last edited:

biscuit

Cyburbian
PUD, just for that feeling that I just don't always fit in with those around me (no offence to you Yankees). ;-)

The One

Cyburbian
I agree

mendelman said:
Legal non-conforming - I just can't seem to fit in with what the "Man" wants me to be, and I don't intend on changing any time soon. :-D
I'm with you......

You know, to be considered non-conforming, you must have been conforming at one time..otherwise, your just "illegal".. :-}

donk

Cyburbian
I'd say I am in a "Holding Zone". Not ready to be developed, but have a vague idea of what should go there, should certain conditions be met.

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Special Exception Residential, for my real nice double-wide. I got it on a cement pad and everything!

Budgie

Cyburbian
A junkyard/auto salvage yard, because I'm messy, highly visible and you have to deal with me.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
"Antiques and Gift Shops", because of my worn out old knees and the fact that I'm always opening my wallet for Mrs. G and/or the kids ;-)

boiker

Cyburbian
I am a peak-use power plant. I normally offer a good flow of energy to keep things moving. When the need is there, I can jack up production to ensure smooth operation.

I am also notorious for the emission of noxious gases :p :-D :-C

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I would be Downtown Mixed Use... (because it has it all, every night of the week it is the place to be, and it always seems to bring out the craziest in people!)

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
I think I would be a "body of water". Love to swim, be at the beach, on a boat, cooling off in the water...Yeah...You would find me on a map as a "body of water".

Glasshouse

Cyburbian
I'd be zoned for a new county jail. That way if the cops show up they will just be taking me home.

Bob

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
michaelskis said:
I would be Downtown Mixed Use... (because it has it all, every night of the week it is the place to be, and it always seems to bring out the craziest in people!)
[/really enjoying the snide comments this thread generates]

Well, we did suspect you went both ways...err... in alot of directions!!

[/okay, still really enjoying the snide comments this thread generates]