• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

I'm going to get on a 12 step Cyburbia program

el Guapo

Capitalist
I have to start posting from home. I'm not getting anything done at work.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I know what you mean... I ended up coming in on a day off last week to finish up something that I had tossed aside for the thrill of haikus.

mike gurnee

Cyburbian
If it were not for cyburbia...I could find some other diversion to not get the job done. At least no one will file a complaint against me for looking at nerudite's avatar.

Last edited:

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
nerudite is the only one showing them...looking good!

is that really you, nerudite? planderella is a bit out of focus (good catholic girl my @$$).

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Oh and oddly...

I lived in Vancouver in the late 80's. When were you there, Nerudite?

Also, my trailer trash ex-wife live in LaPlace... So I get to N.O. from time to time. I used to live in Meterie, but that was mid-80's.

nerudite

Cyburbian
GeogPlanner said:
is that really you, nerudite? planderella is a bit out of focus (good catholic girl my @$$).
Of course that's not really me... it's some avatar Dan likely put up in the selection. I'll add a photo of me to my gallery on here sometime. I think it would be cool to see what people look like... put faces to names, etc. I actually don't look anything like this chick... I have long brown hair and blue eyes. But I don't think that's what any of you guys are looking at on the avatar anyway ;)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Re: Oh and oddly...

Mastiff said:

I just moved away from Vancouver... let's see, I was there between May 1998 and December 2001. In the late 80s I was at University in Davis, CA.

Re: Oh and oddly...

Mastiff said:

Also, my trailer trash ex-wife live in LaPlace... So I get to N.O. from time to time. I used to live in Meterie, but that was mid-80's.
Ewww Metairie!! I'm almost embarrased to say that's where I grew up (or at least slept at night).

GeogPlanner said:
nerudite is the only one showing them...looking good!

Just squint your EYES really hard!!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: Re: Oh and oddly...

Planderella said:

Ewww Metairie!! I'm almost embarrased to say that's where I grew up (or at least slept at night).
I agree... so we moved up the river to Destrehan. Do you know the place? We lived in the "dust bowl", between the grain elevators.

A nasty place to live, but damn they were good people...