• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

I'm in Chicago. Long live chicago!

steveanne

mendelman said:
What is this "Sad Clown" thing of which you speak?

Well, being in Chicago, you must know of the terrible sad clown infestation within the loop. Much like obesity and road construction, sad clowns have also been studied as a possible reason for sprawl. Their grease-painted smiles and tear drops and sagging bowties have driven young america to the suburbs looking for happy clowns. Can we blame this on the happy clowns? I don't think we can. They're just going where there is work. It's a vicious circle.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Have you told Duany, Cox, and Kunstler about this sprawl inducing phenomenon?;)

Now that I think about it, those sad clowns must also be the reason why I sometimes can't swim in Lake Michigan during the summer!!!!!:-s

steveanne

Sad Clowns can be blamed for almost anything that goes wrong within the loop. Except the Bears. They do it to themselves.

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
How are we supposed to know who anybody is if we have never seen them? What kind of place is this too boot? Upscale, casual, sports, come as you are? Never been there.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Duke Of Dystopia said:
How are we supposed to know who anybody is if we have never seen them? What kind of place is this too boot? Upscale, casual, sports, come as you are? Never been there.

It seems sort of casual. As for me, you can find my picture in another thread. I'll be wearing a modified planner uniform - khakis with a red shirt.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Duke Of Dystopia said:

I'll be wearing a greenish knit sweater, blue jeans, and boots.

Not to mention that I will be the most handsome person you have ever seen!!!;)

jordanb

Cyburbian
Oh, I'll come. I'll be wearing jeans and a leather coat, and I'll be the only one there more handsome than mendelman.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Jordanb, Mendelman, Duke of Dystopia and I made the first-ever non-APA-conference-related Chicago Cyburbia Irish Beerfest last night. I can now reveal that I was the most handsome person in the room.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Ehm!!

Cardinal,

Although you are a desperately handsome man, I must honestly admit that the Duke was surely the most god-like of the four of us! ;)

But it was good to meet several of the cyburbians I don't already know.

And that Bushmill chick was HOT!!!!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Re: Ehm!!

mendelman said:

What, you mean the attractive dark-haired one with the short skirt and ample cleavage? I think Jordan was the only one of us to ring her bell.

jordanb

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Ehm!!

Cardinal said:
What, you mean the attractive dark-haired one with the short skirt and ample cleavage? I think Jordan was the only one of us to ring her bell.

We all tried. I was just the only one that rung it. ;)

Anyhow, the joke's on her. I didn't give her my real email address.

Budgie

Cyburbian
Cubs Win !!! Cubs Win !!!

A 95 year drought on post season series wins. I don't feel sorry for the Cubs. After what they did to Fred Merkle in 1908, I think they got what they deserve.

Yes, my friends -- there is a God and he/she loves baseball.

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
Re: Ehm!!

mendelman said:
....I must honestly admit that the Duke was surely the most god-like of the four of us! ;)

God-like might be a bit strong, but I did go out to another one of my hangouts till 3 in the morning. AAAHhhh, Harp is nice but Wiezzen on tap is HEAVENLY! :)

OH YEAH! To HELL with the twins, I like the BUSHmill GRRRLLLL! :)

jordanb

Cyburbian
Next time we'll have to go someplace that dosen't cost $5/glass. That's steep even in this town.