• Cyburbia is a fun, friendly, big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

I'm now sharing a tradition with you...

nerudite

Cyburbian
Every year I search for the Calvin and Hobbes snowman cartoons right around Christmas. Something about these strips just crack me up and put me in a better mood when things go hectic...

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Thanks Nerudite - I love those too. Somebody should convince him to start writing Calvin and Hobbes again...

Jeff

Cyburbian
DOH!!!

I just replied to the other one....anyway....I love the second from the top!

nerudite

Cyburbian
The beauty is that I have a new favorite every year. I've been in the family situation now for a year (including cooking for two very finicky children and one wonderful child that eats anything I put in front of him)... so the eggplant casserole one is particulary funny this year. But I always thought the picketers were hella funny too. :)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Nerudite, where did you download these? I am showing them to my son (a Calvin wannabe, I think) tonite, but would like to find your source!

Jen

Cyburbian
Oh yes, these are priceless..

but where is our snow!
Santa send snow now!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
Nerudite, where did you download these? I am showing them to my son (a Calvin wannabe, I think) tonite, but would like to find your source!
I found it at: http://www.talofofobay.com/Calvin1.gif

I just do a search on google for calvin and hobbes snow cartoons... or something like that, and this picture popped up. Part of my tradition is searching for it every year... next year, I'll just dredge it up from this year's Cyburbia thread.